Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of ear plugs would you guys recommend for street and highway riding? Thanks! I'll prefer the reusable one rather than the disposable one. But let me know which one you guys think is better

·
Registered
81 Posts
i bought the custom fitted ones this past motorcycle show and i think the foam ones are better. foam will adjust during the ride where the custom ones are more solid, letting in noise if you start moving your jaw around.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I recently bought the following and I really do think they're the best one's I've ever tried: http://www.earplugsonline.com/

I was skeptical at first, but after using them, I'm very happy with them. They're reusable and they come with a little container so that when you take them off, you can store it and prevent them from picking up dirt.

It's made from a combination of bees wax and something else...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Find your local audiologist and make an appointment. Have them make custom molded ear plugs. Most offer a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and functions. I just had mine made that block out high frequency noises (engine, winds) but allow low frequency noises (talking, horns) so you dont damage your hearing but still allow you to hear the kid screaming as your about to run him over... :(

Most insurances do not cover custom molded earplugs but they only run about $120.00. They last forever and never wear, always a perfect fit. You just have to wash them every so often.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is what I use, they are reusable and if you put them in correctly they work great...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had some custom fit made during the Laguna round and I have to say, they look nice in my drawer. I prefer the dispossable type the best.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I got a custom fitted paid made, but I prefer the cheap foam ones from the local drug store. They are more comfortable and you can get about 100 for under $10. Each pair will last awhile too.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
if you get the throw away ones (100 for 10$) will it be the same quality? arent the custom ones special so it only blocks out wind but not radio and stuff?...while the foam ones block out everything evenly?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
ANy protection is better then nothing IMO. If I'm not listening to music, I have plugs in. But whether you spend 49.95 or 4.95....all worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
ive got re-usable foam ones from my job. cone them up, put em in, and they spread to seal. however, i think it only shaves 5-10 decibels. better than nothin!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts