Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for peoples experience's with lap timers. track days arnt quite as fun when you cant rub your lap times in your friends faces. id like to be able to keep track of my progress and see what laps are yielding the best results, how suspension and tire changes are affecting lap times. its impossible to know weather or not changes to riding style, line, or bike set up are yeilding better lap times unless you have solid numbers. now im not looking for data acquisition, gps, blah blah blah. just a simple, reliable lap timer that i can mount in my cock pit that will display and store a decent amount of previous laps. something easy to use that works off most common transponders so that i dont always have to have my transponder out there if someone already has one. something cheap, but still functions well and reliable.

just wanted to see if anyone had recommendations on units people used and liked or used and hated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have used most Starlane and AIM units available in the market combined with many race bikes.

For starters I suggest either AIM Solo or Starlane GPS3X Stealth
Both are light, easy to use and reliable, starlane unit has the advantage that you can upgrade it and add engine/driver data next to your gps data/laptimes, AIM had the advantage that it doesn't need external power to work, it has internal batteries that last long - of course because of that the unit is kind of bigger and heavier, but comes with a wider screen.

Starlane has an easy to use software to check your lines, where you lose and where you gain time, AIM has more proffesional approach on their software, not that hard to use though.
Both units come more or less on the same price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts