Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what rear stands do you guys recommend.

im looking to get one.. probably around the $100 range or so.. +/- $20...

looking for the best one for the best price and the best function..

thanks alot...

so far i like the LP ones.. they look sturdy and good quality.. and a good price.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Cant go wrong with the Pitbull. Its very sturdy and high quality.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
i got mine from Handy Industries. front and rear were going together for 99 bucks. couldn't pass it up. its cheap when you compare it to pitbull or others that i consider top of the line, but has never caused me one problem. solid piece that does what it needs to do. :thumbup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
We used to have a redline, it was pretty good and damn cheap also. I really like the PitBulls we have now though. I have heard some good stuff about Woodcraft rearstands too though. Not sure how expensive the woodcraft is but they are usually reasonable on their stuff.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I use LP works fine by me... =P Though I cant complain the occupant of my room left it and so I got mine free so mabey thats why im so happy with it.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the LP that i found.. great price.. looks like a good quality stand.

sells for $80... doesnt require the spools either..

what do you guys think of that one?? just an option im considering.. i might get it tonight or tommorow depending on if i can find one in stock.. if not im gonna order one i think.. but either way im still looking.. havent made up my mind yet.

http://lockhartphillipsusa.com/pages/product-sub3.asp?id=579

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would spend the extra money on spools and get a spooled stand. One of our pitbulls had those rubber things so you didn't need to use spools and the damn thing sat right where the axle was so you couldn't take the rear wheel off with the stand under it, which is kind of one of the points. If you put it far enough forward to work on the wheel romoval it would slowly work its way up the swingarm and then try to dump the bike. That was on a Aprilia though and they have some funky swingarms. I would just go with spools for the added security of not having to worry about it. Plus if you get some nice delrin spools then you will have a little crash protetion also :bounce:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
ShotgunRed said:
I would spend the extra money on spools and get a spooled stand. One of our pitbulls had those rubber things so you didn't need to use spools and the damn thing sat right where the axle was so you couldn't take the rear wheel off with the stand under it, which is kind of one of the points. If you put it far enough forward to work on the wheel romoval it would slowly work its way up the swingarm and then try to dump the bike. That was on a Aprilia though and they have some funky swingarms. I would just go with spools for the added security of not having to worry about it. Plus if you get some nice delrin spools then you will have a little crash protetion also :bounce:
What? I have used plenty of swingarm stand and never had one try to walk up the swingarm (but never and Aprilia so maybe). I use a swingarm stand on my RC51 (heavy bike) and never had a problem. As for the rubber things on the Pitbull stand, you can move the stand forward or rear one inch and it is out of the way.

I used to have a spool only stand, I lowsided the RC and the spool was ripped off in the lowside. I had to borrow Jetblast10's pitbull stand to hold my bike. I have since bought the pitbull with both the spooled and swingarm set up. It is the way to go, since you might use it on someone elses bike that may not have spools.

I had the Handy Stands before. THey work great in an emergency, but I will never recommend them again. They sway when you are working on the bike.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did you have aluminum spools? with case hardened bolts? had a friend of mine had that happen and it ripped the swingarm and the slider was still in good shape though, same principle as anyone who has aluminum/vortex/metal frame sliders. All its going to do it dent your frame in or do more damage than it would of in the first place. I say that cause Ive seen it happen alot not because I am just saying it, metal usually steel or hardened on an aluminum frame, which one do you think will give first? I always use the Delrin ones so that wont happen. On the aprilia if you go wone inch forward it will slide up the frame by itself and one inch rear will just let the bike fall. Have tried it on a RR but i will go check it out right now and see what happens.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was just wondering, how heavy are the pitbull stands? Also I was wondering how the MRP Aluminum stands are. 600rr.com gave them good reviews but I was wondering if anyone else has used them. They work with spooled on non-spooled just like the pitbull ss.

Fulmitz

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Not very heavy...but very sturdy. Go with a pit bull and fork out the little extra for spools. It's well worth the money. I'll be getting my pitbul front stand very soon for the winter so that I'll be ready for all my winter mods and storage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts