Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my bike was gone for 42 days before they recovered it in baja, mexico and its not pretty. To rub some salt in my wounds insurance still think the bike is worth saving! haha they told me the bike was still intact. what do you guys think. I'm Almost CERTAIN this bike is GONE. 2008 600 RR Graffiti here I come!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah tell me about it. The service director at my dealer told me that COSMETICS alone would be at least 2K!!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
That bike is beyond trashed. I thought my buddies bike was bad after it was recovered a year later after being stolen. Definitely time to scrap this bike and go for the RR. Good luck brother!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Damn!!! That sucks, hope the ins company comes around and totals it out.I met a guy at a local bike shop who's Busa spent 2yrs in Mexico, and it didn't come back looking that bad.

Oh yeah, try buying it back if the ins co does total it, then make a streetfighter or track pig out of it!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
insurance

If they don't total it, let them fix it, then sell it. If they do total it, see how much it is to buy it from the insurance company. You can usually get them pretty cheap and stunt it or race it.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Stupid ******* illegal aliens.

That **** pisses me off. Sorry, man.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Who is your insurance carrier they call a bike like that intact
i would give them hell for making such a claim

·
Politically Incorrect
124 Posts
they are calling it intact because the frame is probably straight and most of the stuff you see is cosmetic... they would rather spend 3000 dollars to fix the bike rather than spending 7000 in payouts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
they are calling it intact because the frame is probably straight and most of the stuff you see is cosmetic... they would rather spend 3000 dollars to fix the bike rather than spending 7000 in payouts
That bike will need much more than 3k. I doubt the frame/subframe got away without any scratches.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Good luck on whatever you do, but don't let the insurance companies push you around, Know your rights and what you can do....

·
Registered
3,634 Posts

OK relax there brother...
One I don't think they're illegals. Why the F would they go back to mexico.
Two don't assume everyone thats not white is F'in illegal.
For all we know they were Legal Aliens (US Citizens) that wanted to make money and that Bike ended up in Mexico. **** someone probably stole it, and rode to Rosarito to party and left it there.

·
Registered
376 Posts
What the hell? I love how if you went and binned it pulling into a gas station and reported it that'd be a salvage bike...but joy ride to mexico and nearly split in half? Eh that's buff right out...

·
Registered
15 Posts
graffiti its the way to go good luck man

its funny how you call people stupid, you such jugde yourself before making a coment like that. its people like you that make america look bad IMO
(im mexican)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Illegal Aliens

I don't know why this thread turned into a racial thing. All he said is stupid illegal aliens, he didn't say he hates Mexicans. I'm not to fond of any illegals, since they don't pay taxes and take money out of the US using it in other countries instead of putting it back into our economy.

Whoever ripped this bike off is an idiot, no matter what race he is. He can't ride for ****, and he would have made a ton off that bike parting it out in the US. If the bike will start, the frame isn't dented, and the forks are straight, then the insurance company will almost always fix the bike.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts