Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last wee I was drilling holes for frame sliders and unplugged the rectifier to get the wires out of the way I must have forgot to plug it back in. recently I was having trouble with the battery staying charged replaced the battery no luck died in about 20 mins while riding. no knowing I left that unplugged I went to check my stator and noticed and pluggded it back in. before I take the stator apart does that sound like the cause of the problem. It is raining out so I cant test ride it right now.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Absolutely. With it unplugged, you were running the bike off of just the battery. The stator was making power, but it wasn't being converted into usable energy for the bike.

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
If the bike's out of the rain, start it up and check the battery voltage. It should stay stable around 12V at idle and around 14V at 5K rpm.

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
You don't have to undo the stator! Just plug the rectifier back up charge the battery and see what happens! That should solve it for you!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New York but I'm gonna hang on to it my other was about two years old I figure it doesn't have much life left. I wast to nice to it over the winter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts