Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some red fluid leaking from one of the small hoses on the left side of the Bike near the kickstand after I put the Bike on the rear stand... What is this fluid? I don't think its the transmission fluid since most Bike trannys use the same oil as the engine.
 

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
Your bike is bleedin dude. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,711 Posts
have you had anyone work on your bike but you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,766 Posts
What color is your coolant?
Most likely your coolant.
Are you running wetter water?


unless they made red color gas.

There's two tubes on the left side of the bike near the kickstand.

Ones for your coolant overflow and the other is your gas overflow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LonelyRR said:
What color is your coolant?
Most likely your coolant.
Are you running wetter water?


unless they made red color gas.

There's two tubes on the left side of the bike near the kickstand.

Ones for your coolant overflow and the other is your gas overflow.
My Coolant is green, and no I'm not running watter water... BUT, I did just put in some fuel stabilizer in my tank which was red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,766 Posts
Only thing I can think of now is try smelling the fluid thats leaking and seeing if it smell like the fuel stabilizer :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too late, already wiped it up along with some WD40 that got mixed in with it as I was lubing and greesing everything down for Winter and just didn an oil change on it. I'm pretty sure it was the Fuel Stabilizer, thanks for your help LonelyRR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
If you spilled some of the stabilizer on the rim of the gas fill, one of the tubes originates from there and that is most likely what it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
did you change your air filter...if it's k&n then maybe some of the spray seeped out...i know when i put the after market filter on my truck some of it seeped out. it was the first time i did it and i think i over sprayed it...not sure just a thought...the spray is red and not sure if it is for our bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,434 Posts
Wolley said:
If you spilled some of the stabilizer on the rim of the gas fill, one of the tubes originates from there and that is most likely what it is.
That's what it sounds like to me. You probably spilled some in the rim and didn't realize it. The only other thing I can think of is fork oil. Keep a close eye on it for the next few days of riding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NewRedRider said:
That's what it sounds like to me. You probably spilled some in the rim and didn't realize it. The only other thing I can think of is fork oil. Keep a close eye on it for the next few days of riding.
Actually I did spill it on the rim and I'm pretty sure that's what it is, I don't think its fork oil nor brake fluid and I didn't change my air filter. I won't be riding till next spring anyhow. Thnx guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
+1 It was the stabilizer most likely, no worries.

On another note, it's so sad to here that word (stabilizer) already. Damn I wish I could ride all year - not trying to thread jack, just making a comment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
66RRJOE said:
no way its hydraulic fluid most defintley.
Well thnx for not thinking as positive as others. I'm sticking with the Stabilizer theory, I have less than 400km on the Bike, doubt anything serious is wrong with the forks or fork fluids.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top