Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 02/12
364 Posts
why not from ebay? some friends and i have bought rim tape with and without lettering on ebay and it has all come out great. i'm sure there are other sites to get the same thing, but it will likely cost more
Why not ebay. as long as you put it on correctly and clean good before hand they will stay on forever.

ebay has one that says Honda Racing. you cant buy from the seller till later this week though he is on vacation and his ebay adds are on hold.:cursin: Waiting to buy mine.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

hey mate have you seen that other rim tape that is similar to this only it tapers down to a point on the end. it has like the chopped look same as this at one end but the other narrows down to a point. hope i`v described it right haha. i thought the one on the vid was that one but its not, the one on the vid looks like its just cut off on a 45 degree angle.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Thats what I got on my bike

not a fan of the reflective, but thats just me
these come in individual pre-curved stripes, so if anything, you can always cut it down and taper it to how you want it
yeah not really diggin that reflective stuff myself mate. yeah suppose i could cut it, cant be that hard. might try another google search see if anything comes up, if not i may just get some to cut. thanks mate.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
np =)

just make sure you trace/draw twice, cut once.
it will be slightly harder to cut because of the curve

And also, because the tape has sections, once you stick it, its pretty hard to re-align.
So make sure you PRETAPE the strips to the wheel with masking tape so you can measure out the approximate spacing in between

know what I mean?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
np =)

just make sure you trace/draw twice, cut once.
it will be slightly harder to cut because of the curve

And also, because the tape has sections, once you stick it, its pretty hard to re-align.
So make sure you PRETAPE the strips to the wheel with masking tape so you can measure out the approximate spacing in between

know what I mean?
i`v just found some other rim tape which i like. do you think they can be put on using the wet method of applying decals so you can slide it around a little bit?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
hmmm.. that looks cool, but I highly doubt it's the water application type.

I have vinyl and even handcut my own decals. but I have never tried the wet stick method.

i've only ever wet stick my blackberry screen protectors, but that material is different I believe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts