Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 2/13
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like I didn't quite make it through the light in time:cursin:. I'm curious if anyone has gotten any red light tickets in Los Angeles/ West Hollywood areas? I received a ticket for this through the mail yesterday. $490.00, ouch.. Some of the cameras have been shut off in LA. But it looks like West Hollywood is still running their cameras. I've read numerous articles like:
R.I.P. Los Angeles Red-Light Camera Tickets: What This Means for the Rest of the County - Los Angeles - News - The Informer

stating:
If you are issued a red-light camera ticket in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Culver City, Inglewood, Hawthorne or any other municipality within L.A. County, it will be processed by the L.A. Superior Court. And if you ignore that ticket cold-turkey -- no contact whatsoever -- the court will send you, or whoever is the registered owner of the vehicle, scary mail. If you continue not responding, you'll start getting even scarier collections letters from GC Services. But if you ignore those, your ticket will be tucked away in the court's internal files.
As far as Ellison knows, the violation will not show up on your credit report or DMV record. So your insurance company has no way of seeing it, either.

Any thoughts on this? Sounds sketchy :dontknow:

·
Registered
265 Posts
My friend got a ticket like that also. He ended up ignoring it and nothing ever happened. haha Not saying that they DON'T still have it on record. haha Im sure if you got pulled over and the cop ran your drivers license your unpaid ticket would pop up but ehh Not to sure. Someone else will give you better input than me.

Also I heard that camera lights are run from some foreign company, I dont know if that has anything to do with it.... lol

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The cameras are run by an independent company so if you don't pay, they turn it over to a collection agency and it hurts your credit rating.

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
BOTM Winner 2/13
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cameras in west Hollywood are run by: Affiliated Computer Services (ACS). From what I've read, Low Angeles courts have told them not to inform credit bureau of non payments for camera tickets (was in a news article)....

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
101 Posts
The cameras in west Hollywood are run by: Affiliated Computer Services (ACS). From what I've read, Low Angeles courts have told them not to inform credit bureau of non payments for camera tickets (was in a news article)....

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App
Well it's up to you honestly. But if you DO have the money to pay it, that'd be best. But if not, could always ignore and see what happens.

·
Registered
130 Posts
$490? Thats ridiculous. My wife got a ticket for running a red by an actual cop not a camera and it cost a $150. Like the earlier post if you have the cash pay it,you really don't need stupid crap like that on your credit.

·
BOTM Winner 2/13
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya, i might try to get a lawyer to take care of it... i don't want the point on my record either.. 350Z and sportbike being 25 sucks insurance wise

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Before they go after you they first have to identify you as the driver/rider.

At least it's that way in AZ. If you ignore the mail and are able to avoid them serving you there is no way to hold you accountable for the ticket.

Do be careful though. The collection agency will be very sneaky. They'll show up dressed as UPS holding a package and everything. Bastards haha

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
If you had your helmet on they cant see your face..i'd report my bike stolen :lol:

A friend got a red light ticket in mail here in AZ and it was mandatory traffic school he said.

I freaking hate those intersection cameras...i prey every time it turns red before i get too close to it or sometimes i just avoid them by taking a different route if i can. IMO it does more evil then good :cursin:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I wouldn't report your bike stolen. That's a bad decision. Ignoring the mail is one thing. Calling and filing a false police report is a completely different story.

·
Registered
809 Posts
There's actually a loophole that FL attorneys(specifically orlando) are using to get these tickets 100% thrown out.

1. Fl statute doesn't exactly specify what constitutes "running a red light". for instance, some officers think passing the white line on red while others say anywhere within the intersection.

2. I'm not exactly sure the specifics but something kn regards that there was not a live officer there to witness the infraction.

In no way am i condoning not paying; but look into the specifics and mention these things to an attorney and possible save yourself a lot of cheddar for some bike mods instead hommie.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts