Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a cbr 600rr today first bike, I noticed that the light was on when I bought it, I took it to advanced autoparts and poped off the oil filter and was getting oil presure. I also see a short in my turn signals which are staying solid andd fuzzy flashing. As for the bike I had to ride it back home an hour away. Ran fine, no issues but I felt a jolting feeling in low revs like the clutch is slipping any ideas?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Need more info. How many miles on the bike? Aftermarket parts? When did the previous owner do the last oil change? I'm assuming you noticed these things before you bought it... Did you ask the previous owner about any of it?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
192000 miles, aftermarket exhaust. Oil was changed 1000 ago, I'm changing it to be sure. The aftermarket exhaust is carbon fiber and I don't see a name on it. The flashers are stuck solid, I believe the relay went bad. When not accellerating it feels like I'm losing traction or the chain is slipping not to sure how to describe it.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
192000 miles, aftermarket exhaust. Oil was changed 1000 ago, I'm changing it to be sure. The aftermarket exhaust is carbon fiber and I don't see a name on it. The flashers are stuck solid, I believe the relay went bad. When not accellerating it feels like I'm losing traction or the chain is slipping not to sure how to describe it.
Holy ****, It really has 192,000 miles? Sounds to me like the clutch is worn out or possibly the clutch cable needs to be adjusted. Your chain doesn't just slip.. You'll know for certain when and if that ever happens

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
First check all your fuses if havent, the chain is easy to check pull the back of the chain mid way between the sprocket and the chain should be able to move back about a 1/4 in.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did that already thank you. I'm going to get a ohm resister. I saw a forum for a 99 cent o2 eliminator. I think the eliminator doesn't do anything on my harness or the eliminator is bad

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I just bought a cbr 600rr today first bike, I noticed that the light was on when I bought it, I took it to advanced autoparts and poped off the oil filter and was getting oil presure. I also see a short in my turn signals which are staying solid andd fuzzy flashing. As for the bike I had to ride it back home an hour away. Ran fine, no issues but I felt a jolting feeling in low revs like the clutch is slipping any ideas?
What year?

and when was the light on? when bike off? or when running?

and poped off the oil filter? to verify pressure?!? im so lost here man ...

I don't see a o2 sensor where is it located can It cause this??

these bikes do not have active ECU fuel adjustments, at worst you would have a flashing light, if it some how detected a failed o2 sensor

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a 2006. I thought it was the oil presure light that's why and it wasn't the issue. But the filter did suck.

As for the o2 sensor there isn't one but I found the part of the harness which has an eliminator which doesn't work or is faulty.

The light stays on solid with the kickstand down and the bike running with the kickstand. No blinks or anything. The bike runs fine but I am feeling a small jolting sensation when I am not accellerating, like a brake rotor is bent and its making contact with the pads.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried resetting the ecu and using the jumper trick, still no flashing lights. Also I don't have a o2 sensor on my harness. I checked under the tank all tubes are attatched. When the bike is running in neutral, and the kickstand is down no light flashes ether it just stays solid.

Any ideas? My handle bar lock is broken I think but could that be the problem?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
ask the previous owner. if the handlebar lock is broken id be concerned like hell.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have the title and it is registered to me now, its not really a problem I just want to get this issue fixed first then ill fix that.

Idk what the problem is can my ecu be bad?
I can't get codes with ether way. I checked everything, oil presure is good. It just doesn't make any sence. I'm getting so frustrated I'm about to take it to a certified honda mechanic.

Basically everything is fine when riding but the FI light is on the screen and the red light is on. I have an unusall jolting feeling when I remain a constant speed and it may be running rich.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Why did you buy this, no test ride? Hope you got it for dirt cheap? Try to send Nico a pm, he knows his ****.
I'm assuming you already checked all fuses, grounds, relays, and connections...? Do you have the "jolting" feeling when braking?
Is it a full exhaust(straight pipe behind brake side rearset) or is it a slip-on (catalytic converter/big chunky thing behind the brake side rearset)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took it to a honda tech today he said the servo unit is missing along with the o2 sensor. Since the arvapovic exhaust he's going to fix it for me I believe.

As for the jolting it feels like a rotor is bent on one side. It does feel like engine breaking but I feel it slowing down too with the clutch disengaged.

I got it for 3500 I test drove it, I figured the fi issue was the muffler and could fix it but I ended up pulling my hair out.

Valves were adjusted before I bought it, I did the oil change and antifreze change even though it was just changed for my peice of mind. Just a problem with the light and jolting now.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright I found the problem with the studdering motion, one of my chain links were streched. The fuel injecters were also gummed up. Still can't find the problem for the FI light. We are starting to think that the motor might be a 2003 motor since we can't find the o2 sensor. Where is the serial located to find out? Also do all 600rrs have o2 sensors in 2006 model or just CA model

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's just the CA model. At least my 06 does not have one in it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you think my ecu could be bad? Why the hell is this light staying on lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts