Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so its summer and its HOT! just wondering what you peeps do waiting at long red lights. do you kill the engine or leave it running? i turn mine off when im rolling up to an orange light...

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
alright so its summer and its HOT! just wondering what you peeps do waiting at long red lights. do you kill the engine or leave it running? i turn mine off when im rolling up to an orange light...
We have radiators and fans for a reason.

I only kill it if I'm at a light that I personally know will take too long to change or a train is passing.

Plus, I rather not throw my sense of get-away from someone rear-ending me out the window.

D

·
0 Posts
Depending on what signal I'm at, I'll kill the engine or leave it running. I just see no point in sitting there letting the engine idle for 5 minutes.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i've heard of some people killing it and because of the great OEM battery, it didn't turn over and re-start. Something to keep in mind of...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Depending on what signal I'm at, I'll kill the engine or leave it running. I just see no point in sitting there letting the engine idle for 5 minutes.
agreed, 5 minutes does seem like a lot of time, but when you are sitting at a light with full leathers on you start to wonder if you should just run the damn light :lol

D

·
0 Posts
agreed, 5 minutes does seem like a lot of time, but when you are sitting at a light with full leathers on you start to wonder if you should just run the damn light :lol
lol, I never think that. I just pick up my foot and put it on the tip of my frame slider to get it away from the exhaust.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I onyl turn mine off for a hard of turtles………..

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Drink more so your blood is thinner. thats what i do :all_cohol

F

·
0 Posts
Turn it off for the mile-long trains, cows (good lord) and those awful "hards of turtles," otherwise, turn right, look around, make a u-turn, then turn right again. Five minute lights are a huge waste of time.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Turn it off for the mile-long trains, cows (good lord) and those awful "hards of turtles," otherwise, turn right, look around, make a u-turn, then turn right again. Five minute lights are a huge waste of time.
I suck at U turns haha. Thats why I just wait for it haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts