Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2012 CBR 600rr with about 10.4k miles and I was riding the other day and the HESD (Red Light) randomly came up for about 2-3 Seconds and at same time or maybe half second later the Check Engine Light (Orange Light) randomly came on, see photo for lights I’m mentioning.

I checked my oil levels and I’m in between both lines so i don’t think it’s oil that’s the problem. Also when both lights came on bike did not stall, it continued running and was moving in 2nd or 3rd gear with a RPM 3-5k however it felt weaker then the usual power it gives at same RPM. It’s as if for that slight 2-3 seconds my bike was underperforming.

I rode it another 15 miles to get home and it was A1 no problems. I’m just wondering if I should look into this cause I don’t want to possibly get stranded as I use the bike to commute to work. Anyone have experience with this kind of situation?
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I read somewhere on here try this:
while kickstand is down and start bike in neutral to see if it throws any kind of code. But when I do that all is normal and nothing shows up. Bike starts and that light isn’t on. It’s almost as if that light just randomly showed up for 2-3 seconds then disappeared.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had this happen on track. Kinda disconcerting with slight loss in power.

Turned out I was low on petrol and having tank below 1/4-full caused this after sharp left-right transitions through chicanes. Keeping tank at 1/2-full prevented this from happening again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts