Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have an 06 CBR600RR...i decided to look in my fuel tank to see how much fuel was left in there when my guage said it was low and i saw this red string material by the fuel pump...i have no idea what it is and it "looks" like it shouldnt be there. i bought the bike used so im a little worried. ive ridden it now (about 8,000 miles) and it is fine but should i try to get it out or does it belong there?

sorry the pic sucks its hard to get a good photo.

NEW PHOTO BELOW

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I can't see anything red in your pic but just to help a brutha out, I went out and looked into the tank on my '06. There was a red something in the bottom of mine but it didn't look stringy.

What I saw in my tank looks just like your pic. I wouldn't be worried.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after 20 photos i got a good one...the red stuff...WTF is it? its by the fuel pump, it just looks like it was dropped in there, but its very hard not stringy, i poked it and it didnt move.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've gotten a rubber band out of my 07 tank that i got stuck in there (don't ask) and I never came across anything stringy like that. It was just flat base, couple of wires and filter from what i saw sticking one my eyes down there with the help of a little led light. It doesn't look original to me.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If it is woven like that, I'd guess it's the fuel filter. There is no other filter in the fuel lines. Mine looked more flesh colored with red and white colors blending. I'll look again when I get home.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I think that is the fuel filter

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I have an 06. ill check that too when i get home and see...post up in a few hrs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for going to look. heres a better pic, i took the fuel pump out to look at it. it was placed there because there is a zip tie through it securing it down.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I've never had my fuel pump out so I don't know if that is normal or not.

Just a side note. I can tell that you don't want to live a long life. You ride motorcycles, smoke cigaretts and eat McDonalds. If you really want a challenge, try to do all three at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts