Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after searching the forum I have come to the conclusion that I need a new R/R for my '03. I have orderd one and waiting for it to arrive. However, I have a new concearn. I noticed that while in the city and traffic is stop and go, my bike gets hotter then normal. I was stuck at a light for about 10 minutes and my temp went up to the low 240F. Is this normal? If not, is it related to the R/R?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
yea temp goes up faster if your sitting still or going slow, there's no air being circulated around the engine, but 240 seems a little high, if it gets anywhere near 250 i would shut her own =/

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the fan not kick on. Fan should be kicking on around 220F and I don't believe the RR has anything to do with the fan

Sent from iPhone motorcycle app.

the fan kicks on at 220-221F. I don't think it does either but just tryin' to exhaust all options.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are correct, R/R just meters the amount of voltage that your stator is sending to the battery.
cool so R/R has nothing to do with it! Sweet thanks!

what about the temp... normal or no?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
normaly stays around 220 if im going at a steady speed but its got up to 240f a coupple times which is why im concearned

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im going to change my oil and coolant (it's about that time anyway) and see if that helps.

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
normaly stays around 220 if im going at a steady speed but its got up to 240f a coupple times which is why im concearned
I'd pm Nico. Don't really know technically how to help from here. I know the 05-06 RR will help the starting issue and the temp problems aren't related to the RR and that he fan should kick on at 220is and should be able to hold the temp. From there not quite sure

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd pm Nico. Don't really know technically how to help from here. I know the 05-06 RR will help the starting issue and the temp problems aren't related to the RR and that he fan should kick on at 220is and should be able to hold the temp. From there not quite sure

Thanks! Much appriciated!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts