Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just received my powdercoated rearsets (from Tripage btw!) the other day and reinstalled them last night. I started the bike up and went for a short test ride to make sure everything felt solid, and then parked the bike in my garage to torque the rearset bolts to the proper spec.

This evening I decided to go out for a ride, jumped on my bike and started... but no dice. I can hear the fuel pump prime just fine when I set the killswitch to run, but when I try to start the bike it continually cranks but never starts. The first thing I did was throw my battery on a tender, but it registered fully charged within 10 min... so it's not a battery issue (it's less than a few months odd btw)

After checking out the manual, I followed the steps for starting a flooded engine. The bike finally started but the RPMs quickly dropped and the bike died. Tried starting the bike up again with the throttle slightly cranked and the bike fired right up. I held the throttle enough to maintain 1.5k RPMs, but as soon as I let go the idle hovers at 1k and then bike dies. The bike fails to idle properly, adjusting the idle with the dial on the left side of the bike does not help.

I'm stumped... I have no idea why this happened all-of-a-sudden. I searched this site trying to find similar situations but nothing seems to help. Any ideas??

I have an '05 600rr with approx 10k miles, and I had the full 8k service less than two years ago.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
kickstand, neutal, or clutch sensor would cause no attempt to turn the motor

most comon thing about a motor turning but not firing is the BAS, but doesnt sound like hes been playing with that? unless he had the front fairing off?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too sure where the neutral switch is located, but the neutral light turns on properly whenever I'm in neutral. Also I haven't taken off the front fairing recently so I don't think it's BAS.

I am able to get the bike to start whenever I have the throttle slightly open. However, as soon as I let go the bike just dies. Normally the bike will rev up to 2k or so on a cold start until the bike was warm and then fall to about 1.3k. But that's not happening now. What could cause the idle to be so low? It ran just fine yesterday and has been running perfectly fine for the 6K+ miles that I have had it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the idle screw only affects the idle after the bike is warm, is that not correct? I tried adjusting the idle screw though but it doesn't seem to work. Also, if it was the idle screw, I don't understand how for 10k miles it started just fine and then all of a sudden it's completely off and prevents the bike from starting/running...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts