Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I tried to reinstall, the cover, the clutch lever was really loose. However, the bolts on the cover were not fully tightened. My guess is once the bolts are fully tightened, the clutch lever will tighten as well?

In addition, when I insert the long black pin into the cover, I turn it clockwise as instructed by the manual and JMO's post "Removing and Reinstalling the Clutch and Alternator cover," but my problem is how does one know that the groove in the pin and flange on the clutch are engaged? Do you simply insert the pin and turn the lever clockwise until the spring is in tension?

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone had this problem?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Make sure you pull the slack out of the clutch flange rod before reinstalling the cover. The long black pin needs to be positioned so that the lever on top is pointing about 7 o'clock (assuming 12 o'clock was facing the bike) and once you've got the cover on you will turn it to 12 o'clock. Tighten a couple of the screws and loosely hold the clutch cable in it's mount. With the transmission in gear, pull in your clutch and try to spin the back wheel.... there will be a bit of resistance but if it turns then your clutch is working and you can bolot everything back up.

Other cautions: careful that the spring washer and thrust washer don't fall off the idler shaft. And make sure your starter gears are all aligned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts