Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres the problem. my bike doesnt run. and i refuse to give in yet to a over paid mechanic. my clock comes on and shows the high beam when i turn on the high beams. but it does not prime and the tach doesnt max out and come back down, or anything else, no speedo no nothin. i thought at first that the bas may be faultly or need reset, but now i dont think thats is. i just found today that my fuel cut relay and my fan control relay are not there. and when i try to fire the bike anyway without these relays im also blowing my 10 amp neutral, oil, temp, tach, speedo, position, meter light, tail fuse. so heres my question. if i replace the relays and fuse which i will anyway will my bike run or is there other known knowledge that i dont know yet? if anyone has any clue what im getting into please give me a shout. i really really really dont want to take this think to a over paid honda tech. im a mechanic in the army (not the most praised mechanic's but i have a good idea what i am capable of) and should be able to knock this out on my own. so again, if you have any knowledge please reply. thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
check for a wire that may be grounding out. trying to start it may be just enough to cause a problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, ok. im slowly digging through the mess. thanks. anyone else have any ideas? does anyone know how i can test the ecm like whether its good or bad or do i need some kind of rocket science testers from honda?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Unplug the cluster and see if it still blows the fuse. If it does... then it's not the cluster.

Is this a salvaged bike. Or a used one in bad shape? I only assume that cause you didn't know that relays were missing. I don't think that installing them would fix the problem.

My suggestion, get a wiring harness. Ebay or somewhere. If you don't know what has been done and parts are missing,,, The wiring on one of these bikes is pretty complex and I'd just start fresh than to try to fix who knows what someone else did.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Where did the relays disappear too? whats the whole story? I feel something is being left out because of course the bike wont run without the relay. I would start there first put the relays in and rplace the fuse and see if it pops. if it does then you have a short or a wire grounding out keep us updated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont remember the event, but i wrecked this bike into a covert. im assuming the relays were ripped out. i busted everypiece of plastic, split the subframe down the center, blew the battery to a bunch of pieces and bent the left fork. that was two years ago. i just recently got back from deployment, and now i have been spending my free time trying to get it back up. thats the whole story. and thanks for your guys input. i'll see what i can find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup, couldnt figure **** out still. so i found a local mom and pop shop that doesnt charge alot to trouble shoot. Soooo, does anyone know where I can get a upper cowl for cheap. My bike is black so if its the same color it would help, but I cant be to picky. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so the shop found some loose grounds and all i needed was the 2 missing relays, and it fired up the first try. so what i thought was the problem was the problem all along. i should probally start to trust my instincts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts