Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy a theft recovery bike with a locked ignition and no key from a local salvage yard. I would use the bike as a track bike, as the price is right. Has anyone ever removed an ignition before, and can it be done with the steering in the locked position to the left? I think the hardest part is actually transporting the bike without it falling over!

Also, after I get the ignition off is it true that I will able to see the key code on the back to have a key made? Aren't most track bikes fitted with keyless starters anyway?

Thanks gang.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I managed to get mine off...on the bike. There are security bolts holding the ignition into the tree...and naturally I didnt have the right tool. I believe I managed to get mine out with a hammer and sharp punch. Yes, there is a security code printed on the ignition itself to cut a key. I used generic bolts to fasten the ignition back in...track bike only...

·
Registered
593 Posts
if you buy the bike take the paper work and title to your local honda dealer and they can look up the code and cut you a key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts