Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an 06 600RR..
The keys I had cut for my ignition won't unlock my gas cap. So what's the best way to deal with this? Take the tank to a locksmith? I really don't need want another key for the bike.. Is there anything I can do myself? I don't have much luck with lock picking. Already, i previously had tried and failed to pick the rear seat lock. So how hard is it to drill out a lock?
I have no problems installing a racing aftermarket screw type if necessary, but I need the top to open up to remove it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
drilling out or punching it out w/ screwdriver is easy then get a vortex

I bought a tank and cap off ebay once and had a locksmith configure the tumblers to match my existing key cost $50 and only took 15 mins

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but I found a locksmith on my local bike site who came out and fixed it for free.. it was an easy fix if you know what you're doing..
Apparently the lock can't be rekeyed without breaking the lock free of the cap as the lock is crimped to the cap.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hmm, i dunno what he did to get it open (prob just picked) but i gave the guy the tank w/ cap on it (locked) and gave him my ignition key so he could make spare copy for me. He brought it back to me w/ 2 keys both work in either.

Cant beat the price you got

1 - 4 of 4 Posts