Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 2008 honda CBR600rr can you remove the black decal lines on the front fairings above the headlights?

Like in this photo?

Is it just a sticker, or is it actually painted on? Thanks :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Don't go too hard with the heat. A hair drier is preferable to a heat gun
Hehehe, yeah, I usually only use a hair dryer since my dad's heat gun is about 20 years old. lol

FYI I still don't have the cbr, just planning on getting an orange one and not a huge fan of the tony the tiger look.

·
Registered
537 Posts
That tribal scheme was probably the worst scheme Honda has ever done IMO. That unmolested orange looks so much better.

Although, I'm not a fan of re-working original fairings, they are costly and will probably be worth a pretty penny in 20 years.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
Just FYI, all the decals will come off with the method Wibbly mentioned except for the ones on the tank. You said you are just doing the front fairing so you are fine but in case you decide to start taking more off you may want to rethink removing the mid and tank ones.
The ones on the tank come off just are easy, but they leave a line in the clear. You can wetsand that edge away and never know that it was there.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hehe, yeah. Use a hair dryer... I used the heat gun when I removed the decals on mine and ended up softening the lowers a bit too much and now there's a slight bump about 2 inches round. I don't know about factory decals but since I got my bike with cringe worthy redbull fairings and the decals were under the clear coat, that took some extra effort and left outlines once they were removed. Didn't much care for neatness at that point since I was repainting it anyway but thought I'd offer that bit of info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts