Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove decals on my 04rr i have the silver stripes on black and I want the all black look. Any one done this how easy is it? Will the plastics look ok or will i have to paint?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I removed all my decals on my '05...I love the solid black look! It really comes out clean. Just use a hair dryer to heat the decals and they come off pretty easily. You won't ruin anything. Take your time! You may have to use some goof off to get some of the extra goop off. But other than that...it's a price of cake. You'll be happy with the results!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Stress LOW HEAT, I learned this while peeling the hood of my sled, if you use too much heat all the glue stays behind and is more work and risk scratching when takin it of. Also I read somewhere that WD-40 worked good for glue so I tried it and Wow, they were right, no scratches swirls or discoloration at all

·
Registered
470 Posts
So like everyone said a hair dryer will work. I just started slowly on the edge and worked it up till I could get a good piece to pull on. Then I SLOWLY peeled it back. The best stuff for the residue is made by 3M. It is specifically made for removing adhesive from automotive paint. You can find it at any auto parts store, usually in the paint section. It is in a metal can and it says Adhesive and Wax Remover on it. Just don't forget to wax the area once you are done. I have used this on my bike and my truck with no problems.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
You can take it off as well but it will leave an indention in the clear coat. Its cheaper to just buy an all black tank and switch it out. I was going to remove my tank decal and have it recleared but couldn't find anyone to do it for less than a used/mint tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts