Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/gals I have an 06 cbr6oo which I have removed all but one screw required to take off stock exhaust. The left over bolt (hex) head is stripped. It's the bolt near the brake fluid reservoir and does not direct affectly the removal of pipe, but attatches heat shield to frame. However I cannot take the exhaust off. Do I need to take of completely ALL the side heat shield inorder to take off exhaust. ps once the bolts are removed from tail is the muffler suppose to drop easily. My doesn't and can't seem to locate any bolts / screw holding the muffler in place.

·
Registered
263 Posts
post pictures of where you think the exhaust is still hooked up. By pulling the exhaust a little bit, you should be able to tell where the exhaust is still attached. I'm thinking it still mite be connected to the cat. but post pictures and we'll help you thru it. shouldn't be hard...

·
Registered
102 Posts
i had the same issue, the side headshield needs to be taken off. just look closely, there has to be a screw holding the exhaust in. the one i failed to take off was at the top near the seat. once you take it out, it pulls out very easy, dont force it.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If the bolt doesn't hold the exhaust on, then no, you don't need to take it off. But, when you take off an exhaust, it doesn't just fall out. You need to manhandle it a little to get it off most of the time. If you are going upmarket, you probably don't want the heat shield anyway, so I'd suggest giving it the old college try...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys thanks for your help. Managed to get it off. As I was commencing to take photos for all of you, I realised there was a bolt that i had missed.
Cheers!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
yay. what slip are u putting on?

·
Registered
263 Posts
i knew you'd find it while taking pics :icon_lol:

let us see some pictures after ur done with ur job.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i knew you'd find it while taking pics :icon_lol:

let us see some pictures after ur done with ur job.

Will do.. I'm installing it today. With my know how, it may take 1 day or 2....:icon_lol:

yay. what slip are u putting on?
I purchased CF RT1 Jardine (not dual) from Super Bike Toy Store (by the way they were great .. matched a similar price and fast delivery to Aust)

·
Registered
551 Posts
take a dremel and cut a slot across that stripped hex (if you can get to it that is)

Use a flat head screw driver (or a flat bit attachment to a ratchet) and take that sucker off.

I wouldnt be able to sleep at night, knowing its there. lol

·
Registered
836 Posts
good look. i like it how does it sound?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
take a dremel and cut a slot across that stripped hex (if you can get to it that is)

Use a flat head screw driver (or a flat bit attachment to a ratchet) and take that sucker off.

I wouldnt be able to sleep at night, knowing its there. lol

Bugger I wish I read this earlier.. I went and bought one of those expensive bolt/screw extractors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts