Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I was trying to prepare my bike for a coolant/ brake fluid flush and I stripped one of the allen bolts on the left lower cowl. Now I already tried cutting a slot in the head of the bolt and using a flat head to remove it. The problem is that I seriously doubt the previous owner ever removed these as all the lower fairing bolts needed to be broken free from seized. Now I tried to hammer the bolt out with the flat head and ended up cracking my lower fairing :banghead::cursin:.

From what I can see the fairing stay is connected to the bike by two of the stator cover bolts (please correct me if I'm wrong) so before I resort to drilling the damn thing out, is it safe to remove the two lower stator cover bolts temporarily to slide the stay out? Or is there more to it than that and will oil leak everywhere?

Sorry for the noob question but I figured I'd ask the experts before I #$^& anything else up as I am ready to put my head through a wall after cracking my fairing.

The bike is an '08.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. I've been looking at the stay bracket more and I don't think my previous understanding was correct about it.
I don't have access to one of the bolts to remove it like I previously though. I think I'm going to try and drill the head of the bolt off and take the fairing down that way. I'll either need to remove the stud afterwords or get a new stay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts