Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know some of you racer / track guys removed pair valve .. my question is .. does removing pair valve throws trouble codes ?

im in middle of replacing throttle body .. i was thinking about removing it while im in there anyway ..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to get a proper dyno tune, your going to want to remove it anyway. no error codes.
that i didnt know ... i do now !

for now , im only running slip on . if i were to get PC , one less thing to worry about :icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I still have the PAIR valve on my track bike and I need a new tune. What does the valve do? Let the air from the motor breathe into the air filter. I know that's just an emmisions thing, old cars never did that.

I guess if that's what is does, Removing it keeps hot oily air from entering your intake?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I still have the PAIR valve on my track bike and I need a new tune. What does the valve do? Let the air from the motor breathe into the air filter. I know that's just an emmisions thing, old cars never did that.

I guess if that's what is does, Removing it keeps hot oily air from entering your intake?
the PAIR valve pumps air into the exhaust flow to trick the emissions testers into thinking that the stock map is more lean than it actually is. also, it supposedly helps burn unburnt fuels. as you know, you want your headers to remain as hot as possible and some people have claimed that the PAIR causes the headers to cool down too much as the air that's pumped into the header by the PAIR is relatively cool. most have agreed that there is no impact on performance with or without the PAIR. the main reason people remove it is because it saves about a pound of weight and makes tuning easier. it also takes all those tubes and crap out of that already-packed area which eases things like checking valves, etc...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thats a good detailed right up. Good find

1 - 12 of 12 Posts