Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how difficult it is to remove the rims, swingarm, and front forks.... what sort of equipment would i need... i was thinking about powder coating some pieces over the winter... i found a place that would do them cheap, but i have to just bring them the pieces... and thoughts... thanks..

·
Registered
566 Posts
Swingarm is easy. Just work your way around the bolts alongside the swingarm pivot in the frame. Bear in mind that to remove the swingarm, you'll need to secure the rear of the bike (I suggest hanging it by ratchet straps from sturdy roof beams if possible, otherwise use axle stands under the footpeg mount brackets) and you must split the chain as it runs through the swingarm. Don't mess about with a new softlink, treat the bike to a new chain when you do this. If you powdercoat the swingarm and leave the bearings in situ, make sure they are well masked during the coating process. Black looks good; got a black swingarm on the workbench.

Forks are just as simple, loosening the triple clamp pinch bolts, and drop em out. You'll need to remove calipers and therefore must replace the caliper mounting bolts with new ones (as per Honda's recommendation, they are stressed parts). Also hang the front end if you can, to support it.

Good luck, and go for it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts