Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyy guys I just got a 07 CBR600RR and there are way too many warning stickers and what not ont he bike. What is the best way to remove them without scratching paint. I knwo you can use a hairdryer and then scrape but liek I said Id liek to watch out for the paint. Is there a chemical that will take them right off without harming paint?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Go to any pepboys/autozone... They have sticker remover there. Usually more than one brand. Some people say Goo Gone too but I know that the real stuff is approved for paint. Let them soak for 15 minutes and they'll peel right off.

·
Registered
840 Posts
i dont see how using a heat gun and picking it off with your fingernailwould hurt the paint? I removed my stickers this way, and my paint is fine.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
i dont see how using a heat gun and picking it off with your fingernailwould hurt the paint? I removed my stickers this way, and my paint is fine.
+1 that is how i removed the one off my tail.. just heat it up a little bit then remove slowly, don't go ripping it off or anything then just remove the residue if any with goo gone or the like and then just clean it up. only sticker that is really a PIA in the wing logo on the tank.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
That's the way I do it and it works fine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would be carefull. I was checking out the white 07 600 the other day and it felt like some of the decals may be clearcoated over. Dont wanna mess up your paint.

I stripped mine of the decals and the just a hairdryer worked great.

·
C.F. A member **C.F. Whore ** :)
261 Posts
GOOF Off is all you need, work like a charm for me on the swingarm for sure...

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Use a hair dryer to warm up the adhesive a bit, don't get it to hot since more adhesive will stay on the bike than the sticker. Your fingernail wont reck the paint as well as let you feel what you are doing. Use rubbing alcohol on the remaining adhesive. It will eat the adhesive and won't reck the paint since alcohol evaporates really fast. I'm a painter and we use stuff like goof off to clean overspray etc., I would worry about the chemicals, if they remove one thing whos to say they won't remove other things.
I don't know about the 07s, but I did my 06 this way taking the stickes off was a breeze, except for the honda wings on the tank those were a pain to take off, as well as those on the swing arm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
They are brand new stickers!! The vynil is still super soft from not being exposed to weathering yet. You dont even need a hair dryer. Just get something plastic that has a straight edge on it (credit card) and gently lift a corner. Once lifted, (you can use a hair dyer now if it makes you feel better) slowly peel at an angle. Im sure you will have no troubles at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts