Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody give me advice on removing the last nut holding onto my swingarm.
I think it is the swingarm pivot nut which is just above the right rearset. I dont have that certain tool, dont know where to get one and dont know what its called. Help is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
are you talking about the big ass allen wrench one??? or is that just one of the motor mounts?

when i took my bike apart to swap my frame thats the only special tool i needed to buy, and it was a 17mm allen wrench that i got from sears.... It was a craftmen, in stock, and it was only like 6 bucks.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
It's a 17 on one side, and damn... I'll check what the other side is when I get home.

The smaller side I have a special socket that is a male and fits into it, for the big side I took a 17mm bolt and welded the nut to it and just put a box-end wrench on it.

The left side threads into the right side. Don't forget to take out the pinch bolts too, and you may have to spread it a bit, as they still hold tight when the bolts are out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, your both right! Its the long shaft that goes straight thro the engine/frame to hold the swingarm in place. And yes, its the shaft with the pinch bolt on the left side. So a 17mm allen wrench should get it out? For reference, can you show me a picture of what the tool looks like so i know.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts