Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
pretty sure its drag limited, which means you run out of hp/gearing for the aerodynamic drag
^^^ that guy knows whats up

the rev light comes on at 171-173. the bike pretty much has nothing left too offer at that point. governors are for gsxr's because 18 year olds buy them and crash them. same reason why suzuki's have hazard lights.

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
Yeah i heard about this to but not a restrictor limiting the top end more of a not giving full HP from the lower gears , there was a chip online that overcame that problem?
I should of looked over this thread better. The search function is a hell of a drug. yo rookie ride dude, your not suppose to post in 12 year old threads. it brings up unwanted memories and such. just saying.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Post everyone post!!!!

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
I should of looked over this thread better. The search function is a hell of a drug. yo rookie ride dude, your not suppose to post in 12 year old threads. it brings up unwanted memories and such. just saying.
If he started a new thread you'd tell him to use the search. And CBR's have 18 year old's riding them doing stupid things as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
one of the guys i worked with told me the other day that one of his friends removed the governor off his 600rr not sure the year. said he got more top end out of the bike(obviously). any real cons to doing this? obviously the pro is more top speed.

nick
I have a 2008 cbr600rr no reason to lie I hate Honda but coming down Indian hill crossing into Oklahoma my bike shut off 189. People say the speedo is wrong I don't care it shut off. Bike is stupid fast .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok guys this isent rocket science..all tho I am enjoying a good laugh at all these comments...a little research goes a long way for everything in life... So every bike stock has only 70% of its power useable at ur finger tips...to gain that 30 % on any bike regardless requires a simple ECU flash by a professional, and to gain much better throttle response requires a power comander with tune , Dyno is recommend for better % for your specific bike, and sproket kits can help you achieve the perfect set up for ur desired ride, if u want to gain beyond that 99-100% power boost with ur bike they options are simple, turbos and NOS kits available, and stretching ur bike is recommended if ur drag racing or just scared of full on wrecking ur bike , also keep it in mind, if ur gunna push ur bikes limits it's worth while investment to purchase forged Pistons and upgraded cshafts to push ur power and anything else to help keep ur bike from putting a hole in ur block, ecu flashes are also great for turning ur bikes tempature sensor to activate the fans at a lower tempature which makes ur bike motor run a lil smoother producing a few extra lil ponies along with full exaust systems. Slip ONS do not do much in fact personally I find they restrict ur bike sometimes more , I just ran a straight pipe on my RR , and honestly I wish it wasn't so loude but it felt like my bike could actully breath and was running smoother,( everyone's ride is different, I'm also using smog block off plates plus K&n air filter, would also recommend using the proper oil for ur K&n air filters as well, made a good difference in how the bike takes the air in! Have a good day and safe riding everyone!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts