Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presurpe wash my bike and got some water inside of the bulb entrance, now has moist and fog when not in use. What's the best way? Without trying to open up the whole unit? I was thinking heat blow dry it or shove paper thru the Bulb entrance ...

Suggestions guys.?!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
You could just pull the bulb and let it sit open, so the moisture evaporates. The heat from the bulb while the bike is running should be enough though.
Check your bulb seal to make sure it's in proper position

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Open the back of the headlight up and put a hair dryer in each side for a couple seconds. Should get the moisture out. Then leave it outside for a day in the sun.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open the back of the headlight up and put a hair dryer in each side for a couple seconds. Should get the moisture out. Then leave it outside for a day in the sun.
lol, thanks. im acttually doing that now, its blowing right now and actually today is nice and sunny. ima let it sit for a few hours....then go for a ride.:cruising:

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
^ Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com App

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did it work?
ahhh, kinda maybe, i let it sat and blow, and when i cam back the blow dryer is now toast, so gotta go to get my gf's and see then.. but as of now .the moist will appear during the temp drop..

·
Registered
760 Posts
Got an air compressor? use a air wand and gently used it in the light. that should evaporate the remaining moisture quickly and also if your lens seal is compromised any where youll see a little trail where ever the positive pressure escapes.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
once you get all the moisture out of the housing you can go to a local hardware store and lick up moisture packs that help pull moisture out of containers, tape or glue them onto the inside of the rubber gromitt before you reinstall those onto the housing that way if there is a pin hole or anything letting the moisture into your housing it will be drawn right to the pack instead of you having to do this drying process once a week on your lights.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What about the rice trick? Remove your headlight and put it in a jar with dry rice. It's supposed absorb the moisture.

·
Registered
157 Posts
His wife found out he borrowed her HD and he got the boot :( lol
Haha!

+1 for the rice trick.

Unfortually the rubber seal on my headlight have seperated from the back of the headlight fixure so I'm sure I have rain water getting in there. I'm just to lazy to try and fix it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
About the only thing White Rice is good for. Oh and Civic's....

I am surprised just leaving the headlight/s on for a bit didn't work. This used to happen quite often on my MKIV Jetta, and that is all I would do.

Did you try the air compressor? You said you were going to go to the Gas station, but I am not sure how that would work....

I have a air compressor etc... If you want to come to ER and give it a go.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
About the only thing White Rice is good for. Oh and Civic's....

I am surprised just leaving the headlight/s on for a bit didn't work. This used to happen quite often on my MKIV Jetta, and that is all I would do.

Did you try the air compressor? You said you were going to go to the Gas station, but I am not sure how that would work....

I have a air compressor etc... If you want to come to ER and give it a go.
Yeah I'll go to the gas station in a bit.. And the blow dyer works a bit more. Cause my other doenstnmoist as much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts