Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04' went down about a week ago, from what I can see the whole front end needs to be replaced, frame looks fine.. Looking for advice, is it a tough job to replace the front end and is it costly ? Love my bike so I'm leaning more towards fixing her but friends are saying to sell the parts and move on -.-
Picture : http://postimg.org/image/nokmg02zj/

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
sorry to hear about your crash.... if it was me, i would move on and find a new bike, i'm no mechanic and unless you have a pro do the work (unless you are one) no way I would touch that kind of a job myself... my 2pesos :popcorn: good luck with whatever you decide, and am sure others here will come around and give their opinions soon as well...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you have a front stand/rear stand and a couple of tools you can change the front out pretty easy. Get same year front or upgrade to usd forks from 07-13 600rr. "I have a set off a 07 with low miles for sale" Shameless plug, I know but it's really not hard to replace if you have everything ready to go. Just unbolt the triple, drop it out and put the new one in. Looks like you need a new front rim for sure. Glad you are alright.

Can't tell if there is any other damage to the bike but I would pull all the plastics and check the frame from top to bottom and the mounting points to make sure it's good before you ride it again.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
It would be cheap to replace if you find some cheap parts on ebay... the front end is pretty straight forward. No need to be an engineer. If you can read a service manual you should be good to go

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered some stands, im going to attemp to fix her! Half excited half worried, fingers crossed I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
12 Posts
fixing this is a piece of cake. Should cost no more than $700 if you do the job yourself. All you need is new forks. (check to make sure the triple tree and top clamp are not bent also) and a couple other misc parts (obviously if you want the bike looking new youll need new plastics) Take some more pictures. Itll be alot easier for people to give you an estimate of the damage a bit more accurately.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with repairing This not too hard but definitely upgrade you have the older 03-04 forks you can either do the 05-06 which are better forks or the 07+ Which is even better . With swapping these out you'll need the the lower and top triple tree clamp with correct fork stem and the calipers most parts are reusable
If they didn't get damaged keep us updated with the progress and we'll be glad to lend a hand .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts