Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OIL SEAL (40X62X8.4)
Hello,

Has anyone replaced their Front Sprocket oil Seal? I looked in my Shop/Service Manual

Chapter 12
Crankcase/Transmission

It doesn't say anything about this oil seal OIL SEAL (40X62X8.4)

Can someone tell me how to change it or tell me what page I can find it in the Shop/Service Manual.

Thanks,

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hasn't anyone had to do this yet?

OIL SEAL (40X62X8.4)
Hello,

Has anyone replaced their Front Sprocket oil Seal? I looked in my

Shop/Service Manual

Chapter 12
Crankcase/Transmission

It doesn't say anything about this oil seal
OIL SEAL (40X62X8.4)

Can someone tell me how to change it or tell me what page I can find it in the Shop/Service Manual.

Thanks,

·
Registered
921 Posts
Though it doesn't say what needs doing, once you've got the transmission out it just pulls off the shaft - you can see it on the end of the shaft in diagram at the top of page 12-14. You'll just need to grease up the inner lip of the new seal and fit it in the same place.

Dunno what's caused your seal to leak but in a lot of cases it's down to the output shaft bearing behind the seal failing letting the end of the shaft 'float' and wearing the seal as the shaft is moving about when it shouldn't. Would definitely be something to check once the transmission is out, sometimes you can see this if you take the front sprocket off and look for up/down movement in the shaft.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have to split the cases to change out the seal?

Though it doesn't say what needs doing, once you've got the transmission out it just pulls off the shaft - you can see it on the end of the shaft in diagram at the top of page 12-14. You'll just need to grease up the inner lip of the new seal and fit it in the same place.

Dunno what's caused your seal to leak but in a lot of cases it's down to the output shaft bearing behind the seal failing letting the end of the shaft 'float' and wearing the seal as the shaft is moving about when it shouldn't. Would definitely be something to check once the transmission is out, sometimes you can see this if you take the front sprocket off and look for up/down movement in the shaft.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Afraid so.

I thought you'd have realised that from looking through the service manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts