Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
The mid pipe is easily separated (see pic) so as long as yoshi will sell it on its own there's no reason you couldn't replace this single item. I'm not sure about using an oem pipe though. If the length or diameter were slightly different you may have problems.

Have you thought about wrapping your mid pipe to hide the imperfections? Done well it can look pretty cool.

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mid pipe is easily separated (see pic) so as long as yoshi will sell it on its own there's no reason you couldn't replace this single item. I'm not sure about using an oem pipe though. If the length or diameter were slightly different you may have problems.

Have you thought about wrapping your mid pipe to hide the imperfections? Done well it can look pretty cool.

Perfect diagram! The pipe is so banged up I think it would have a very negative impact on performance

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Not sure. I have a stock can in my garage at home. I'd be happy to check tomorrow for you unless someone else can clarify in the mean time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
After checking my stock exhaust (05) It seems its welded to the muffler. And searching ebay for 07-12 it also seems to be welded to the muffler.

Reactions: dkid

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
There's your answer then. Yoshimura may sell you the mid pipe individually if you contact them directly?

Probably cheaper to find a decent used slip on on eBay and use that (whole slip on or just the mid pipe).

Other option is to go to a custom exhaust company local to you if you have one and have them fabricate you what you need.

·
Registered
509 Posts
We have an OEM pipe in shop and I just verified that on the 07-12 the midpipe is welded to the muffler. How's the rebuild coming?
If you don't mind I'm going to shoot you a PM and discuss some things with you.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
The pipe is so banged up I think it would have a very negative impact on performance

WOW!! I just saw the video of the accident. Can't believe I haven't seen your other thread before now. Yeah I imagine you have one or two dents in the old pipe after that crash.

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW!! I just saw the video of the accident. Can't believe I haven't seen your other thread before now. Yeah I imagine you have one or two dents in the old pipe after that crash.

Haha yeah I'm trying to rebuild as cost effectively as possible.. The actual can is fine except need new tip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts