Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my forks on an 03/04 and I have never done that before. I was wondering what all needs to be done on this. I would like to kind of get a step by step instead of just unbolting things in the garage and spending hours figuring out how to do it on my own. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Spend the money for a service manual..It's well worth the dough..It's fairly simple..Take off the front calipers off the forks, take the front wheel off, loosen the pinch bolts on the trees, loosen the clip on bolts, and twist and pull down (should slide out fairly easily...You'll need to get the torque ratings somehow either from someone on here or from the manual..Some can tell torque by hand, but I'm too paranoid, esp on suspension ;)

Also a note about your bent forks..You may be able to get them straightened..Dr. John's has straightened many a bent forks for me, some that even looked beyond repair..Also watch out for ebay auctions and the like, many of them are just m/c scrapers that don't know jack about what's straight and what's not..I've bought a few that said they were straight, but I had to get em straightened anyways..Also make sure your triples are not tweaked and you didn't lose any steering head angle..

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Am I going crazy? Where'd the edit button go? Is there an edit button? haha..I could've sworn there was! lol..

Anyways forgot one thing..Take off the front fender..lol..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts