Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well needless to say my idle adjuster broke just as it did on many of you guys/gals double r's. I have an 03 600rr and the idle is too low so it cuts off everytime I come to a stop light and I broke the idle adjuster. I was wondering if there was a write up on how to go about replacing this. Don't really have any experience taking apart the bike but I am pretty handy and looking to learn. Also what is the part number for the adjuster I need to order? Is there a newer years adjuster that is built better that I could use? Also from what I have read it is pretty cramped getting to it...any special screwdrivers or pliers I will need? Thanks for the input!

-d

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
its not that hard,
rule #1 buy a service manual. it will tell you step by step what do to with pictures and what special tools you will need.

in a nutshell, tank cover off, tank up, fight through a jumble of hoses and wires, screw adjuster into throttle bodies.

find the part numbers on any part look up site like ronayers.com or bikebandit.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well needless to say my idle adjuster broke just as it did on many of you guys/gals double r's. I have an 03 600rr and the idle is too low so it cuts off everytime I come to a stop light and I broke the idle adjuster. I was wondering if there was a write up on how to go about replacing this. Don't really have any experience taking apart the bike but I am pretty handy and looking to learn. Also what is the part number for the adjuster I need to order? Is there a newer years adjuster that is built better that I could use? Also from what I have read it is pretty cramped getting to it...any special screwdrivers or pliers I will need? Thanks for the input!

-d
this just happened to me today on my 05 rr with 12k miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts