Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm replacing the fuel tank on my 2005 600 because the current one has a dent in it and of of the two screws at the forefront doesn't reach all the way out to screw into the frame due to the dent.

So...

I bought a 2005 gast tank from ebay and it's larger than the one on my bike now???

So I don't know what the deal is here..maybe the tank I was sent was not the right year?

My question is are the 06's or 04's gas tanks larger than the 05's?

My original tank removed is the smaller one. The LARGER one is what I received off of ebay. When I fit it in I can't sit it down all the way.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360250408782&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

The most notable difference besides the sizes is the design of the back of the tanks..completely different.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would initially try following up with the seller. Was it someone reputable with positive feedback?

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
All the tanks 03 to 06 are identical post pictures of the one you just got
and will tell you what we think of it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it out. The guy did send me the wrong tank. I just noticed some screw hole locations that are different from the 03-06's than the latter years. I think he sent me an 07-08 tank. I emailed him and I'll work it out with him. Thanks fellas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts