Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw a gorgeous Repsol RR rep at Summit yesterday, 8/23. he was in the beginner class. bike was schweeet! i believe arata exhaust, awesome paint job, penske rear shock, and a ton of other aftermarket parts. just wondering if you're around. bike looks great!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cowboy,

What kind of race day did you have? NESBA? I live not too far from there and want to start doing track days and picking up some more skills.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, it was a NESBA track day. for the record, i do both NESBA and TPM. i think both have their ups and downs. i'm not going to do a big bashing war. my biggest disappointment in track time? it's not the club, but the riders. yesterday their were 16 red flags! it was insane. example. we're at summit point main. 2nd session of the day. start of the very first lap. Control Rider is taking us around for a nice easy lap to get the tires warm and get everyone comfortable. there are riders in front of us so speeds are sloooooow. we're going through T-3 at around 40 mph. it's an uphill left turn. the rider 2 in front of me goes wide, then goes into the gravel, then does a tank slapper and goes down. we come back around, back into the hot pit, and sit for 10 or so minutes. i understand it's the track and accidents happen, but the accident was caused because he just wasn't paying attention. people were filming in T-3 and i don't know if that's where he was looking. but.... you go where you look. either way, people need to pay attention.

and to rant... lately i've seen so many people running worn street tires. i ran street tires for the first 3 events i did. but as soon as i started pushing it, i will ONLY run race tires. or run Diablo Corsas for a dual tire. experience also plays into A LOT! but it's not worth going above your head to try and keep up. look at it this way. you can buy a set of Diablo Corsas for $260. but if you total your bike because you're tires weren't made for the track, well that would cost $$$$$$$ being on the track can be dangerous. you need to concentrate and pay attention. i'm done. thanks for listening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts