Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys,

ill do my best in explaining my issue. after riding for a certain amount of time (weather it be 5 minutes or 40 minutes), i would shut off the bike. couple mins later when i would start it up again, the bike would go completely dead is if the battery died.

now this only happens when i shut off the bike, and restart it within a couple mins. i would let the bike sit for about 20 mins and it would start up normal with no issues at all. but there have been numerous times where i would have to jump start it (from 2nd gear) to get the bike to start.

should i change the battery? any help would be great! :wave:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sounds like the voltage regulator. This is a common problem mainly with the '03-'04 RRs.

A lot of people have replaced the old one with one from an '05-'06. I haven't had to do that so if anyone has and wants to confirm or correct what I've said, then fill us in here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dcope17, you're right

i was doing some research and found a thread on the exact same issue. it's the voltage regulator and its flaw on it's location on the 03-04s. does anyone know it cost from an 05? Ebay to find one? any help would be great!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know where i can purchase a voltage regulator? anyone willing to sell one??

thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, it could be the voltage R/R. Also, seen issues where the main cable to the starter or the starter motor itself goes bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts