Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sad to say that I'm retiring from riding all together. This is only because my wife wants me to following the crash I was in this past Monday (27 June 2011). The crash was between my '06 600RR and a '07 Pontiac G6. The girl (19 yrs old) driving the car pulled out in front of me to make a left turn out of a driveway crossing the line I was in. I tried to stop but I couldn't before I ran into her driver's door and hit her. When I hit her it sent me flying over her car onto the pavement.

The only thing I remember about the whole thing is trying to stop, hitting the car and then staggering out of the street. The only injuries I have a seven (7) stitches in "family jewels carrying case". I would have broken my arm instead of that. I also got some bruises and some pain but for the most part I am fine. The only reason I typing this or even alive is because I had my helmet on. Before I flew over the car my face hit the car. My helmet has the markings to prove it.

The reason why she said she pulled out into the street was because she didn't see me. I am so tired of that being the reason a lot of motorcycle riders are hurt or even killed. Instead of teaching these kids parallel park they need to teach them to look for people on motorcycles. I am so sick and tired of picking up the newspaper or seeing on the internet that somebody was killed because a person in a car didn't see them. Also, as motorcyclist we need to wear our helmets for this specific reason.

As for my bike, as you can pretty well guess is totaled. My front forks a bent to the point were my front tire was pushed back up against my lower fairings and couldn't roll one bit. This makes me very upset because I really had big plans for this bike but now all my ideas are wasted.

I don't know if I'm retiring for ever or for a while but all I know is that I need something to fill the void left from me not riding. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Vehicle Red Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Helmet

Land vehicle Vehicle Red Motor vehicle Motorcycle

Automotive lighting Red Vehicle Automotive exterior Headlamp

Vehicle Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Red

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Grass

·
Registered
157 Posts
I feel your frustration about the crash,sucks big time about people not paying attention.
At least you survived without more serious injuries.

But I lol each time I see the "because my wife wants me to quit" statement.

Do us all a favor and take a snapshot of your vagina so we can all see what a real pu**y looks like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well she wants me to quit riding because my kids saw the accident site and they were scared I was going to die. That's why she wants me to quit riding.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts

Do us all a favor and take a snapshot of your vagina so we can all see what a real pu**y looks like.
Wow, really. A real man has enough respect for his partner to actually include her in his life, and decisions. especially ones that can have dramatic effects on his ability to work, and walk, and live.

Grow the hell up, you're the one acting like he has a *****. It's a freakin bike, if it's that important to you then you have other issues.

·
Registered
352 Posts
wait wait wait I wana hear me about this ball sack injury. When you rip your ball sack open does fluid or blood come out? Do your balls fall out of the sack?!!?
Ewww, Gross!! :crackup::crackup::iamwith:

Glad to hear that you made it w/ only minor injuries. Since you already have kids, I would get glass testicle implants so that they clanked everytime you took a step.

I believe retiring from riding a motorcycle is like trying to kick an addiction, a lot easier said than done.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I feel your frustration about the crash,sucks big time about people not paying attention.

Wow kind of uncalled for
Wow, really. A real man has enough respect for his partner to actually include her in his life, and decisions. especially ones that can have dramatic effects on his ability to work, and walk, and live.

Grow the hell up, you're the one acting like he has a *****. It's a freakin bike, if it's that important to you then you have other issues.
:+1: I have a feeling mcr500 may not be married lol:drunk:

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Glad you are ok after that terrible accident, but its sad to hear you are 'retiring' from riding.

Do what you gotta do, I can't knock you if thats what you decide. For some of us, Family comes first. And when you have a wife and kids to support/feed, they are more important than riding.

Or maybe just take an extended break from riding for a few years? I dunno, it would be hard to give up riding for me, but then again I'm single.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Glad to hear you're alive after that accident.
I know the feeling. I had a drunk driver nearly take my life a week ago as well.
Good luck with watever your decion ends up being.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Most important, you are ok (minor injuries), well sack not so fun. You'll be back... I've retired twice and can not shake the need to be on a bike, so I do it all over again.
As for the sack, it'll heal. AJ

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
aw chit man, I'm sorry to hear about this. take a break for a while and you can decide for yourself if you want to start riding again. only you will be making the decision.

when I'm not riding I like to box, draw, play with the reptiles, flick some butterfly knives and just build stuff lol. I'm sorry to hear about the family jewels, I know how f-ing bad it must feel, you're not alone. on a very serious note and not to sound gay or whatever, try to keep that area as clean as possible around the stitches! I remember some d-bag dropped a 4 block of steel on my nut when I was welding and it caused sever internal chronic swelling and I'm still having chronic pain to date. take it very easy because it's not hard to get infections in that area. best of luck to you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow dude you ripped your ball sack...don't need a pic but how the [email protected]#$ did that happen?

I can understand your concern with stupid people.
I gave 2 people the what the f where your thinking speach at the stop light. One guy got his mirror punched clean off and one dude got a nice dent in his door.
A garentee the 4 idiots above will be more carfull drivers moving forward.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ouch sucks man. i know if i were in that position i would stare at the bike everyday, trying not to start working on it. i know i'd fire it up just to hear that sweet sweet sound and that'd be it, repairs would commence immediatley!

·
Banned
2,603 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts

wow, way to be a douche!:fyou:

to the OP, i hope you heal up well man, there are more important things in life besides a motorcycle, and you chose well. good luck with everything!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe I "injured" myself when I hit the gas tank on the way over. I still haven't figured how I did that.

Yeah, giving up riding is a hard thing to do. It is not too bad right now knowing I couldn't ride if I wanted to but it's going to be real hard once I'm fully healed. The only thing I do when it comes to riding is watch the races on the Speed Channel (don't think it's helping at all).

It's blood that comes out not any type of juices. I don't wish this injury on anyone.

Thanks for all get well wishes and concern.

My bike is still at the towing company until the insurance people come look at it. If it was here I probably would go crazy looking at it everyday.

Hopefully, my wife will calm down after a while and we can have a conversation about me getting another one.

To everybody out there be sure and wear your helmet and other protective gear. But most importantly watch out for those "blind" cagers. Be safe.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.