Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the little light in middle of the tach on the 05 cbr600rr?

is that a shift light?

it's labeled "Rev"

at what rpm does it come on, if it is a shift light?

thanks

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
you might want to call it rev limiter light / time to shift light cause both conditions take place when it lights up

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a bunch guys.

i haven't noticed it cuz i'm still breaking the bike in. 200 miles....

m.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
HIT IT NOW!!! No need to wait brotha.Go out there (assuming you wear full protectice riding gear),get on that beast and bang 15K hard! I don't advise you to do it in first gear for awhile or until you're used to the bike,but just do it and when you can do it in first gear you'll be a happy man.
PS. if you think you can wait til you have a steering damper to do this,I advise it,as I recently hit 15K RPM's in third (done it a million times) and I got a violent tank slapper.So think about what you're doing if you must do it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, it's my first bike...so i'm takin it easy either way.

plus, i bleieve in breaking in engines :) i've worked on cars for years, and it's worked out for me...

thanks guys

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Wellcome to the site... have fun around, and of course have fun riding your bike... And revs up to light up!!! :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i tried that, but i couldn't ever hear out my phone at 60mph?

plus, it was hard to balance my helmet and gloves on the tank at those speeds

·
Registered
814 Posts
The shift light comes on a little bit before the rev limiter. You don't have to always rev to it before you shift, it's there for racing really. Not likely that you'll be reving out to the limit while riding on the street. As far as brake in, this is precision machining we're dealing with now-a-days. The high compression bikes like to get broken in hard, so don't worry about that. The pistons will seat themselves better if you're running the bike the way it was designed. You will actually get less performance if you keep the RPMs too low. i broke in my bike on the racetrack, two practice sessions then straight to the races and it runs pisser. The only thing you don't want to do is hold the engine bouncing off the rev limiter. The shift light also does not mean your bike is going to blow up, it just indicates that you're getting to the limiter and it's time to shift to maintain max torque and HP.

Thanks, the rest of the novel will be released in spring 06 :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
RHINO-RR said:
That's a shift light.I NEVER shift until I see that little yellow light come on.The bike just starts sounding good as you approach it.;)

I think the shift light comes on to late. Peak HP is at 13.5, waiting till the shift indicator light comes on will just slow you down. Now, if there was some way to change when the indicator woudl light up, that little light woudl be useful.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts