Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just noticed that now and again I find myself riding hard enough to push the rev's into the 14000rpm area and low and behold my rev limter led doesnt kick in anymore to warn you to change up one or backoff the throttle just a tad ?!?!?!

Is it possiable this little led has popped ???? if so how hard is it to change ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
i think my light doesnt come on till 15,200

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's not a shift light. It's a rev limiter light that pops on when you hit your red line. stock is just a bit over 15,000 rpm. stock engine won't spin any faster.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's like smack bang in front of you when you look at the rev counter guys ?!?!? It even says REV above the LED.
Anyways mine kicks in at 14000rpm don't ask me why, maybe someting to do with different countries or somethin. I used it to see it light up every now again when riding hard but now it has stopped working all together. took the bike up to 14600rpm in 5th this morning on the way into work and the LED did not kick in and flash, was I nice fun ride to work this morning:icon_lol:

Is it easy enough to strip down the rev counter housing to replace the LED ?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If the led has gone out, you can swap it out with some soldering skill.
The rev led doesn't come on when you turn the key and the tach does the sweep? Very strange that the stock led did not last longer??? T

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers thanx tripage

Going to attempt this over the weekend and will let you know of the outcome.
I was also starting to wonder why the stock LED had burnt out so early ????

It's not like I hit the limiter all day every day to cause it to burn out, Ill open up the speedo cluster and take a look to see what I can find. Got some good soldering skillz so I should be able to sort it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts