Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience on the track with the Sato Racing rearsets on their CBR? I'm putting together my trackbike and I know at some point or another, I'll be the tarmac saying...."Whoa, what just happened". I'd like to setup the bike so she can do down and still get back up to finish.

Sato rearsets get rave reviews for the street and are priced below the more expensive Gilles Tooling rearsets. I'd like to know what people think of them on the track and more importantly, how do they withstand tipping over in the pits or lowsiding on turn one when your tires aren't up to temp (not that I've ever done that).

:ciao:

--Paul

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i dont have any experience with them personally but ive never heard anything bad about them

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I have Sato Rearsets on my '09 and before that I had Vortex on my '05. I really do like the Sato Rearsets but you'll get a wider range of adjustability with the Vortex than the Satos but not by much.

They're sturdy, and feel really good. Overall I like them.

As for tip over/lowside, haven't experience it yet but I have heard bad things from a local shop that consistently sees the brackets breaking a piece of the frame after a lowside.

IDK...all crashes are different but the owner says he seems to see more of it with Sato & Arata rearsets.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I've run the Satos on my 07, had Gilles and currently have Vortex on the bike. Out of all 3, the Satos were the best.

The reason I say that is because they are VERY STURDY. Just like Nem said. They feel amazing as they don't flex at all. The only reason I went to Vortex is because getting spares is way easier. I do like the tackier peg on the Vortex, the Satos are much less aggressive. That said, I didn't have any issues staying on them that I can remember.

Gilles are pretty but if you fart on them they break. Great for weight reduction but if you plan on tracking it, go with A LOT of spare parts. I went down in the grass and half the damn rearset tore off. Titanic FAIL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts