Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
today...we are reviewing the new, but very very old, 1974 Honda CL200 scrambler!

This bike was only produced in 1974 and is very rare.

Previously, honda had released other Cl models. The CL is considered a scrambler or dual purpose bike. This bike is the successor to the CL175. After this bike the CL350 was released!

This bike runs on leaded fuel!

It also runs just as well in the year 2009 as it did in 1974. Thats why I love honda's. Because even a 30 plus year old honda can be driven hard and long...then start up the next morning and do it all again!

The dual sport tires from 1974 are not what the tires are these days. They are decent off road but provide a scary amount of tire spin/slip on the pavement. I can say that the old technology tires are death traps. This is proven by conrete evidence. Everyone here should love and appreciate what improvement have been made in rubber over the centuries. Although the old tires do make for an eventfull ride.

Drum brakes...what about drum brakes? This bike has them front and rear. They are absolutely terrible even when adjusted perfectly. You always must leave plenty of room to stop.

Now...as far as off roading goes. The suspension is not set up for rough terrain but, it is plenty to have fun through smooth single track or work roads. It is really small and light (under 300 lbs) and loves to go sideways just like a REAL dirtbike.

The CL doesn't do anything really well, but its fun doing anything with it!

Now lets discuss the fun factor. whenever i take this bike on a group ride, i am always trying someone's brand new sportbike for part of the trip. why you ask? because one of my buddies always wants to ride MY OLD cheap BIKE. they are slow, super side to side, feel like you are fully connected to the road, have crazy engine vibration and are tons of fun! Whever i get the bike back, my friends always have a huge **** eating grin!

In summary....for $500 you cant have anymore fun on the road.

These bikes are cheap and reliable...a great combination.

IN MY "EXPERT" OPINION, I WOULD RECCOMEND THESE BIKES TO EVERYONE!!!

"11 OUT OF 10" (Star magazine)

"FOUR STARS" (National Enquirer)

"FIVE THUMBS UP" (NY Times)

"PAMELA ANDERSON GAVE THIS BIKE A RIDE" (tommy lee)

Seriously though....Anyone that lives in the new york/tri state area, feel free to pm me if you have a vintage bike that you ride...i'll be around riding these old trustworthy machines all summer long

-alex

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man....kinda a half joking review...but i cant sleep and needed to take a break from doing real work.

i will do a half joking review on the cb400 too!

gnight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.