Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Don't sell the car if you own it (no payments).

I own my vehicle, and honestly, the only time I use it is for short errands where I don't feel like getting geared up.

As long as you live in a state that permits riding conditions year round, I don't see a problem. It's a matter of personal abilities and taste. Some of us are seasonal riders and some of us, like myself, ride yearlong and could do without a car. My car is certainly my second vehicle; not the other way around.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Can't do that here in Colorado. Weather gets pretty intense. Temperature drop into negatives. Snow piles to feet and after snow melts, sand is plenty full. Now, if you live in a state like Hawaii your main concern would only be rain. Not really recommended. What if you need to pick up a pretty nifty tv or something? Or if you have a kid. I mean, there's always the kid "front-pack" but I don't think the ol' lady would approve.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
I did it in Tulsa, OK until January, then I moved. I was there 8 months and it really sucks to get your jeans soaked, socks soaked in your boots, and having to make that work. It's a pain. Getting groceries was interesting to say the least. I usually went to the grocery store a every few days and only got what I needed. It was ok, but if you own your car free and clear its NOT smart. Keep the car, there's no better feeling than driving/owning a car that's paid off.

·
Registered
478 Posts
What do you guys think of having the bike as the single means of transportation. I am planning to sell of my car and just ride the bike.

Ive been doing that very thing for a year and a half now and im still happy with my choice...however, I live in Arizona so its gorgeous almost all year long. Plus my girlfriend has a car. At this point I still dont have any desire to make a car payment and pay ins./gas for a car..forget it, im riding!!
I commute on my Superhawk and play on my DRZSM. Im getting one more bike for twisties and track after the first of the year.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Ray.. You got a Girlfriend already ?? Damn man you waste NO time out with the wife In with the GF.. lol lol You go Homie :toothy4:
Stephen

Ive been doing that very thing for a year and a half now and im still happy with my choice...however, I live in Arizona so its gorgeous almost all year long. Plus my girlfriend has a car. At this point I still dont have any desire to make a car payment and pay ins./gas for a car..forget it, im riding!!
I commute on my Superhawk and play on my DRZSM. Im getting one more bike for twisties and track after the first of the year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have my hooptie that I keep around but Ive only driven it a few times since I got the bike, in fact the battery died because I dont use it enough.
The weather issue is key. Here in Yuma Az its almost too hot in the summer I only commute on the bike during the day and save joy rides for late at night.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
keep a little beater car for JIK. Mid nineties imports will do just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts