Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pay real good attention to the motorcycle and rider that damn near head on the silver vehicle at the :37 second mark… This guy french fried when he should have pizza’d… that means he’s going to have a bad day!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=ca6b20f54e4c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Maynard
7,084 Posts
he came in too fast for his own comfort and target fixated to the car instead of looking through the corner and riding out it seems. big group rides like that are stupid imo

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Dayam! I guess he's never getting into motocross. Watching it again, it almost looks like he tried to ditch the turn. I think what started out as a bad line turned into target fixation then a panic evasive maneuver when the suv got close.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have watched it over and over again and for the life of me have not idea why he stood the bike up and went straight. They weren't really going that fast.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Christ, the bike was still running.

+1

She kept enough speed to launch over the fence instead of being impaled on one of the stakes.

+2

She had enough gear on, but damn getting the wind knocked out probably sucked for a few more minutes.

+.5

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Found the article. It's a man not a woman. The description on LiveLeak also says the guy filming is his brother. I found it on Reddit but I don't see any gopro footage.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/speeding-biker-goes-airborne-prior-to-crash-into-water-1.1274971

A speeding motorcyclist suffered only minor injuries after losing control of his bike, leaving the roadway and flying into the air and landing in a slough, police in Saskatoon say.

Police said they were called to the scene, just off of Circle Drive near Boychuk Drive, around 8:05 p.m. CST Friday.

They said the biker, a 27-year-old man, was going too fast for the curve and lost control of his bike.

"The motorcycle and its operator separated as both left the travel portion of the roadway and became airborne," police said in a news release about the crash.

"Witnesses report the two had enough momentum that they landed in a slough some distance from where they had departed the road surface."

The man on the bike was found soaking wet by officers. He was taken to hospital for treatment of minor injuries.

Police said landing in the water likely saved the man from a more serious crash.

The news release also made a point about how excessive speed is not a good idea.

"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.

The rider will also be facing a number of traffic charges.
Typical article emphasizing speed, speed, speed when that really wasn't the issue. Nice zinger at the end there though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'd give the air a 10, but the landing a 2.

Definitely panicking from barely making it back into the right lane, then feeling as if he was going to make the turn looked to see where he might go and well, went.

Found the article. It's a man not a woman. The description on LiveLeak also says the guy filming is his brother. I found it on Reddit but I don't see any gopro footage.

Typical article emphasizing speed, speed, speed when that really wasn't the issue. Nice zinger at the end there though.
Why do you think this is the article? He didn't crash into water... but yes the liveleak link did suggest it was a he. :thumbup:

·
Registered
718 Posts
I thought the name was Thea?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'd give the air a 10, but the landing a 2.

Definitely panicking from barely making it back into the right lane, then feeling as if he was going to make the turn looked to see where he might go and well, went.

Why do you think this is the article? He didn't crash into water... but yes the liveleak link did suggest it was a he. :thumbup:
That was the article linked to on reddit. I didn't verify it though. It said something about a trough so I figured I just couldn't see it in the video.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts