Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the wife and I, along with my father-in-law and other relatives took a trip along the "thumb" of Michigan today. Just thought I'd share a couple of photos.

I also got a chance to really open up the 08 1K as well on some long straits. I did a couple of 40mph 2nd gear roll-ons and let me say the 1K just feels like it "explodes".

The Pre-Ride - opened the garage door and geared up

My wife while we were waiting for construction:

The group

The group again at the shore at the tip of the thumb.

The wife and I after the ride..

And finally, a couple of pictures while riding.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That looked like it was fun. I want my missus to go riding with me. She's starting to get supar jealous with my misstress, always riding her:cruising:! I'm trying to get her a set of wheels. Somewhere around teh 250 class bikes. Thinking of the 08 kawis' or older 250 cruisers. She said she "doesn't want to look manly on a bike." So it's just a matter of time untill we go on road trips like yours, decal.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the comments.

The wife is now addicted to riding. She says she wants a bike "like mine" now. I think I will pick up a 600 for her next spring.

The 450 Rebel is a great starter bike. She dropped it on some gravel a couple days ago and now says she doesn't care how hot it is she will always be wearing gear.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Riding in the boonies in michigan is pretty sweet. Nice smooth roads and straight as a board for miles make for a good opportunity to really get on it. I cruised around near traverse city last year. I got up in the morning & rode 80 miles very quickly.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/mi.html

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Riding in the boonies in michigan is pretty sweet. Nice smooth roads and straight as a board for miles make for a good opportunity to really get on it. I cruised around near traverse city last year. I got up in the morning & rode 80 miles very quickly.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/mi.html
Cool, thanks for that link. I love the Milford road and Rochester road rides.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts