Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Maynard
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seen some footage or played it yet? I downloaded the demo which was only for PS4 or PC so far. It's not available for the American market so you need to make a new account saying you live in the U.K. It hits stores next Friday 3/27.

The 3 playable bikes in the demo are the current gen 600rr, ZX-10r and the Street Triple R. It handles well and you can adjust the physics to your liking. Graphics aren't the best but it doesn't bother me too much. The game has over 100 bikes. What's awesome is the customization on the game.

You can swap out exhausts from real vendors like Akra, Arrow and Termi. You can change your grips and levers and put a fender eliminator. You can remove your mirrors and put on different color Marchesini wheels. You can also add a quickshifter to your bike, change the air filter and a whole bunch of other mods including brakes and the tranny. You can customize your rider too and they have brands like Shoei, AGV, Arai, Rev'it and Dainese. This is what my CBR looked like in the game when I got it.

After some slight exterior mods it came out like this:

Here is some of the game in action.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Same publisher as the current MotoGP game. Looks like they wanted to get some more mileage out of the game engine. This one doesn't look as good however so maybe it's an older engine. Either way I don't see the point of this one over the MotoGP game. This one would be much more interesting if it was more like a real road simulator. The demo videos had the rider getting away with many things that would be the end of the rider if not just end of the ride. It's like he had to try to crash. If they upped the simulation and added in some real road hazards like cars coming both directions, cars coming out onto the road from driveways on the side, maybe some sand in a corner, deer, etc. That would be intense.

·
Maynard
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep Milestone is the company. I felt MotoGP was more fun too. This one is geared more possibly toward casual bikers or more general market.

Also, I noticed that too about the trying to crash. When I first picked it up it was the same way but once I upped the physics it got to the point where when I was coming hard into a corner and braking so hard the bike came out from under me and I lowsided.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kinda glad I waited to buy this game. looks neat but the physics are definitely messed up. lol looking at the gameplay footage you can slam into walls and other riders and not go down lol. Ill wait until this goes up on steam sale sometime and pick it up for shits and giggles most likely

·
Maynard
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Milestone has done a horrible job of marketing and communication. They advertised a release date of 3/27. Unfortunately for most people that was only the release date for Steam and only certain parts of Europe. This is also only for PS4 and PC. The release date for the U.S. is May 19th. I won't wait this long so I will order a U.K. version off of eBay since the PS4 is not region locked. However if you go this route you will need to create a Euro account to download potential DLC content. If you download DLC content with your U.S. account on a U.K. game, it will not work. From what I understand, as long as the DLC content was downloaded from the same region the account and game came from, you can use the DLC on your native main account.

Milestone needs to do a better job of communication. Feels like false advertising. They are also working on a MotoGP 15 game.

·
Maynard
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought it was real fun, I'm a monger for riding games. There are no good racing games out for ps4, I wanted forza.

Buy it so I can race you and kick your ass online! I challenge you to a battle!! And if I'm losing I'll ride backwards and crash you! :D

·
Maynard
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have this on PC. Bought it through Steam
Yep. How do you like it? I heard it is super glitchy/buggy and corrupted so far. I'm thinking I just may wait until the U.S. release date so they get everything fixed first. I've already read of people getting well into the game only for their file to become corrupted..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gonna Buy it this weekend, My old man just ordered it and a few guys in work say its actually pretty decent for motorcycle enthusiasts... I like the fact you can change practically every bit of the bike.. If any ones on PS4 send me a friend request...

Whizzkid442

Put a little message on it so i know who you are :D

Matt

·
Maynard
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gonna Buy it this weekend, My old man just ordered it and a few guys in work say its actually pretty decent for motorcycle enthusiasts... I like the fact you can change practically every bit of the bike.. If any ones on PS4 send me a friend request...

Whizzkid442

Put a little message on it so i know who you are :D

Matt
Word man keep me updated on your perception of the game. I'm starting to become more excited for MotoGP 15 at this point..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Word man keep me updated on your perception of the game. I'm starting to become more excited for MotoGP 15 at this point..
Got it Yesterday, Gotta say i really really love this game, the missus couldnt get me off it Lol, The different things you can do on there is immense, Rider physics really good, Bike detail is great and customisation is brilliant with all aftermarket parts... Works just like Gran tourismo and Forza, Win races get more credits to spend on the bikes... Ive got it set to Realistic AI and turnt bike aids to Low for now and its brilliant im not running away with races i find myself battling in top 4 mostly.... All i can say is get it

Matt

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anyone know the actual release date for this game now? I'm seeing 6/25/2015 for U.S :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts