Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my bike sitting for about 3 weeks without starting up. Decided to go out for a ride this past weekend and sure enough it did not start. Took battery to Autozone got it charged tried it once again and no luck. Bought new battery thinking it was that charged it, tried it and it sounded like it wanted to start but it didn't.

Exhaust was throwing smoke for a bit when it wanted to start. I could hear the the fuel pump. All lights turn on when I turn the key, everything on dash runs like normal. But damn bike won't start, really want to start it up. Wanting to avoid taking to the shop.

Any suggestions/advise is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
tip it over or drop it? May be the bank angle sensor. Turn key to on and cycle the kill switch a few times see if that works.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Smoke tells me probably flooded

Hold throttle wide open, start, be ready to release ... This is not a joke this is Hondas suggestion for clearing a flooded motor

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
688 Posts

Hold throttle wide open, start, be ready to release ... This is not a joke this is Hondas suggestion for clearing a flooded motor

+1, I've had to do that before. It works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
666 Posts

Yup if it is actually flooded no need to release it will not fire @WOT repeat if necessary don't crank it too long. Possible bad sensor is your FI light blinking?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tip it over or drop it? May be the bank angle sensor. Turn key to on and cycle the kill switch a few times see if that works.

My Boxer actually did drop it a few weeks back....I recharged both batteries again today, I went ahead and and cycles the kill switch like you advices and it almost turned on, but it didn't....did it and it actually drained my battery in about 5min... :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup if it is actually flooded no need to release it will not fire @WOT repeat if necessary don't crank it too long. Possible bad sensor is your FI light blinking?

Went ahead and also tried holding the throttle but that didn't work. The first attempt was the best it almost turned on, the bike actually went ahead and drained both of the batteries!!

It's frustrating because I want to ridding so bad lol....I'm thinking its a shortage or a loose cable or something

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm assuming 3 weeks ago it ran fine and had no weird symptoms? And there is gas in it right? Gotta ask because sometimes its the simplest things

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm stumped, however, since it was knocked over I would check that everything is hooked up correctly because it might be a loose wire/ground or fuse. On which side was it knocked over?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm stumped, however, since it was knocked over I would check that everything is hooked up correctly because it might be a loose wire/ground or fuse. On which side was it knocked over?

It was knocked over on the right side...that's what I'm thinking that it is a loose wire or something

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have had a problem with my '09 cranking, but not firing. It turned out it was bad contact in the kill switch. Also the lock on the fuel filler cap leaks if it's parked in the rain...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts