Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys we ride with every weekend passed away a few days ago...Will was 22 yrs old from out near the harrisburg area..Im not sure on the whole story but as far as I know he was in a stand up wheelie on the highway and a tractor trailer merged into his lane leaving him nowhere to go...he set it down crooked and veared off the HW into a telephone pole. Too many riders have gone down this year alone already and its damn scary....Your out there doing this sh!t every day on the bike and not really realizing that all it takes it one little mistake and ur down...I usually keep the wheelies around like 40 cause i figure if im going to drop it I have a much better chance there than at 80 but the more and more I see these guys are gettin seriously hurt and killed at these lower speeds....For me its just a huge reality check that we are not invinsible ...Ride safe

oh if ya wanna check out his page

http://www.myspace.com/one_wild_will

RIP Will

·
Registered
5 Posts
You know, I've never been able to get the nose up on my bike - and the more and more I read, the less and less I'm inclined to try.

RIP mate.

T

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dont' even know the guy...

But every time I read somebody's myspace page that's passed away, a tear comes to my eye. It's very painful reading the messages of his friends/family pouring their thoughts out, and still talking to him...

From the response he got, he sounds like a hell of a guy. Such a shame...

·
Registered
228 Posts
BlueSti said:
I dont' even know the guy...

But every time I read somebody's myspace page that's passed away, a tear comes to my eye. It's very painful reading the messages of his friends/family pouring their thoughts out, and still talking to him...

From the response he got, he sounds like a hell of a guy. Such a shame...
+1 on this thought ... RIP...

·
Registered
383 Posts
On a side note.......yes I have been tempted to try and wheelie.....its so not worth it. I don't think I'll ever try to learn.

RIP to Will

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
TerryCornwell said:
You know, I've never been able to get the nose up on my bike - and the more and more I read, the less and less I'm inclined to try.

RIP mate.

T
+1 to that cuz. I feel awful that the kid passed away. So damn young. Keep your wits about you when stuning -PLEASE-. 80 on the freeway? Nothing good can come of that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts