Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rider Got Ripped off! TWICE !! Plz Read

I received this from a yahoo board.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"boycott" Coastal Cycles "aka" Oceanside Cycles

"""""""""""PLEASE READ""""""""""""

Another year has pass and its Myrtle Beach week again. I want to share a situation I encountered and have been dealing with since bike week 2006. I am a member of a well known up and coming motorcycle club.

Last year in Myrtle Beach I attempted to purchase a set of custom wheels
from Coastal Cycles "aka" Oceanside Cycles using my credit card. The wheels were not in stock, so they had to be ordered. My wheels never ordered, therefore a refund of $2200 was requested. Here is where this story gets interesting. During the attempt to refund my money, Jimmy the owner, of Coastal Motorcycle decided to take another $2200 off my credit card. Now they owe me $4400 and they are refusing to refund it back.

I contacted the local police dept and they where no help. They don't want us there anyway. Next I went to the courts and filed small claims. The courts ruled in my favor and ordered Coastal to pay up. They won't pay because they know the courts will not force them to. My lawyer is still working the case so I can only tell you so much. There is several documented case of them doing this to customers.

Here is where I need your help. We, the bikers, are the biggest spenders during bike week. Coastal / Oceanside Cycles makes it there business to rip off lot of the customers. They need to be sent a loud message and I need
your help to do it. Lets make sure they don't do this to any of us this bike week by taking our business elsewhere. I really need your support on this. They have relocated to 1953 HWY 501 South, Myrtle Beach, SC. They can run, but they can't hide. Lets show them how much clout we have and make sure this don't happen again to one of us. Thank you for your help!

Please forward this to club and biker you know!!!!!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
what a crock o' sh!t man...thats messed up...good luck with that. i would go with LonelyRR and call your credit card company and explain.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
very simple solution to just call the credit card company and they will just cancel the charge and fight it out with the vendor...but yeah that sucks I wont support them

·
Registered
659 Posts
This story seems odd because even the police would have told him to call his credit card company. I think there is more to the story

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Small claims court WILL force them to pay.
110% right, they will file a judgement against the owner/owners of the company and they will ruin their credit because of it, untill the judgement is paid and the proper paperwork is filed. I think this story is a little fishy...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Small claims court will NOT force anyone to pay. If you get sued in small claims and you lose, it only goes on your credit report as you having a judgement against you. The only people who care about this would be a mortgage lender. So, since I doubt the owner of this bike shop is buying a house in his company's name, it will make no difference to him that he has this on his credit. He should have named the owner in the lawsuit as well as the business.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
110% right, they will file a judgement against the owner/owners of the company and they will ruin their credit because of it, untill the judgement is paid and the proper paperwork is filed. I think this story is a little fishy...
+1 This story sounds like a bunch of bull$hit . . . the courts can definitely make them pay.

And . . . the dude who got ripped off can file what's called a REG E claim with his credit card company.

Sounds like a personal vendetta or somethin . . .

·
Registered
469 Posts
yeah i dont get why you didnt just dispute it with the credit card company? that would have avoided all of this trouble

1 - 14 of 14 Posts