1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
....another ******** law

...ur screwed if ur on a liter bike and you twist ur throttle a millimeter or two too far...:spank:

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
I had a liter bike for a while. Front end never came unless I instructed it to. The bike only does what the rider tells it to...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't see why this wasn't put in place sooner tbh! Atleast you guys have a decent speed limit.

I live on an island between the UK and France known as 'Jersey'. Speed limit here is 40mph. Got caught doing 55 down our biggest/widest (and almost longest) road and was looking at court. Luckily I got off.

Thing is, that road is easily safe for 60mph, but no, SPEED KILLS, WE MUST DROP THE SPEED LIMIT! They are considering dropping it to 30mph. Roads here are in better condition than the UK's A roads for the most part, pot holes are very rare and filled in very swiftly when reported. Very smooth, straight and well made roads but the idiots sitting in chambers think speed kills.

Fact is, stupid drivers/riders kill. As the saying goes speed has never killed anyone, it's sudden deceleration that causes death.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This has been in effect in Florida for quite a while now, I think right now it's $1300, it started at $1000, but every year it goes up. (And that's just for the wheelie, doesn't have to be while speeding)

Doesn't bother me, I don't stunt.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Doesn't seem so bad. This is probably a result of people doing wheelies on the highway, which is the kind of behavior 600RR.net looks down upon anyway.

·
Registered
233 Posts
"Another unusual law taking effect at midnight is Public Act 97-743 in Illinois. This law imposes a fine of $1,000 on anyone who pops a wheelie on a motorcycle while speeding. While this law might upset some motorcyclists, the state is now giving them a free pass to go through red lights.
Motorcycles are often not heavy enough to trigger magnetic sensors at traffic lights to inform them a vehicle has pulled up. Motorcyclists usually have to wait for a car to pull up before the light turns green."

I'd take that deal any day of the week.

·
Registered
932 Posts
This has been in effect in Florida for quite a while now, I think right now it's $1300, it started at $1000, but every year it goes up. (And that's just for the wheelie, doesn't have to be while speeding)

Doesn't bother me, I don't stunt.
$1000, your bike gets impounded and you get arrested and go to jail for a day. I lived in Florida all my life and know allot of cops. Nice thing in my area though if your speeding on a empty road not causing a threat to other peoples lives. They ether continue eating or bawl out laughing at you unless they have a bone to pick

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
regardless of how many successful wheelies you've attempted & executed @ some point you're gonna error. that may be lethal or just leave you disabled for life regardless of gear. i really only enjoy power wheelie on corner exit & even considered taking a course to make controlled wheelies safe or safer. they're never gonna be 'safe' really.
the landing of front wheel 'is' the problem w/any wheelieing. not condoning or judging anyone that's into them as i know it's all in fun.

have lost more than one 'good friend' to wheelies while on a closed course. both lost the front on set down & one got thrown into a wall. one was a member here on 6rrnet aka chevy
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=189729

sorry to see more restrictions focused on our sportbikes
pretty soon they'll have restriction on 'amount of fun' one can experience during one day :retard:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts