Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of the rest of you ever get this. I feel like I have nowhere to ride here, everytime I get on the throttle I am in jeopardy of losing my license again and in turn my bike. I love to ride but hate to buy a slow arse Harley. I feel like no one ever wants to ride for a distance but only cruise, this really sux!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Track time is pretty expensive and I am still too wet behind the ears to go ripping my RR down a track. That is the plan for the future though. :cool:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
avenge25 said:
Track time is pretty expensive and I am still too wet behind the ears to go ripping my RR down a track. That is the plan for the future though. :cool:
BS! You are never too new/slow for the track. If you are, you should not eb in the interstate. Take a track school, it is cheaper than a ticket. Plus you get a legal fix. Your first track day, you will not be going that fast.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ride by yourself. If you really want to ride, leave the posers and cruisers in the city and put some miles on your bike.

Indiana is flat and straight (Iowa is the same?), but you can find some good roads running next to rivers or around bodies of water. I look for them on mapquest, then go exploring.

If you are looking for a place just to stretch the throttle cables, though, you need to get on the track. Even a drag strip can feed your speed hunger, and cost you less than $50.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
At least u can ride when want, here in DC metro, cant ride until the gridlock traffic stops which is usually after 7pm :(

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Just wondering if any of the rest of you ever get this. I feel like I have nowhere to ride here, everytime I get on the throttle I am in jeopardy of losing my license again and in turn my bike. I love to ride but hate to buy a slow arse Harley. I feel like no one ever wants to ride for a distance but only cruise, this really sux!
well, you do live in Iowa... hehehhe, just kidding... here, try this site...

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

it might help cure your rider's block... but seriously, since you live in Iowa your choice in types of fun roads are very limited...

hondaf4iguy said:
avenge25 said:
BS! You are never too new/slow for the track. If you are, you should not eb in the interstate. Take a track school, it is cheaper than a ticket. Plus you get a legal fix. Your first track day, you will not be going that fast.
hondaf4iguy is 100% right on this one... A trackday is the perfect place to start learning/perfecting those habbits that will make you or break you. I went to my first trackday with less than 100 miles on my 600. Oh by the way, you better start saving up money. Just going off of where you live, you'll either have to move to where there are more twisty roads or go to a lot of trackdays... Doesn't it suck to be in Iowa on a sportbike? :lol2:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I hear ya man...I grew up there too. (by the way, I tried calling you that weekend I was home)

but riding does suck in Iowa!

do what I did...move out of Iowa. you'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lot's of good replies, I'm going to check out the track tomorrow with my friend who rides there(and is also a local cop).

Eazy, sorry about the no show but weather sucked that weekend for my group to ride up. :oops:

·
Registered
696 Posts
-avenge- what city do you live in? I went on a ride up k-45 toward maryville IA area did the d-54 loop and basically had the best ride around here I've ever had. We dont have canyons and that but these are some pretty sweet roads if you got some buddies you should plan a ride up there. Or pm me and we'll set something up. It makes the loess hills and the glenwood run seem straight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Avenge, I've been riding since May. I just got back from the track, and it was AWESOME. Go while you are a new rider and don't have any bad habits to break. Take a track class. Yes it is pricey, but WELL worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts